Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Newton Kyme Paper Mill | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Newton Kyme Paper Mill

MatthewKitchenPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Evening all,

Has anyone checked out the Newton Kyme paper mill between Tadcaster and Boston Spa? I've done a quick recce, and although the complex is huge, I've not found any access to the buildings. Anyone else have better luck?

Cheers!

Matthew

Yorrick

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There's a report on derelict places from about 5 years ago by boxfrenzy. It looked pretty trashed back then.

MatthewKitchenPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, shame; I figured with how well boarded up it was, there might be something interesting inside. It amused me that there was a small herd of sheep milling around the buildings though...

dave

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ive been three or four times over the years is was a pretty good place at one time especially the workshop area which was quite old, sadly this was burnt down and totally gutted. The bit i didn't have a proper look at was the underground section tbh not much left now.

gus960

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah big site but not much to see when in there i thought, although the settling ponds down by the river end looked suitably contaminated and dangerous, anyway they have started building on there now-theres a reception area with show homes etc. been a while to get to this stage since it closed in 2002 i think?