Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Newton Kyme Paper Mill | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Newton Kyme Paper Mill

MatthewKitchenPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Evening all,

Has anyone checked out the Newton Kyme paper mill between Tadcaster and Boston Spa? I've done a quick recce, and although the complex is huge, I've not found any access to the buildings. Anyone else have better luck?

Cheers!

Matthew

Yorrick

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There's a report on derelict places from about 5 years ago by boxfrenzy. It looked pretty trashed back then.

MatthewKitchenPhotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, shame; I figured with how well boarded up it was, there might be something interesting inside. It amused me that there was a small herd of sheep milling around the buildings though...

dave

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ive been three or four times over the years is was a pretty good place at one time especially the workshop area which was quite old, sadly this was burnt down and totally gutted. The bit i didn't have a proper look at was the underground section tbh not much left now.

gus960

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah big site but not much to see when in there i thought, although the settling ponds down by the river end looked suitably contaminated and dangerous, anyway they have started building on there now-theres a reception area with show homes etc. been a while to get to this stage since it closed in 2002 i think?