real time web analytics
Report - - Nice n Steady Carrbrook reccy.(no particular order) | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nice n Steady Carrbrook reccy.(no particular order)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Today I went down to have a small reccy in nice n steady, only walking up for about 15 minutes before turning back as I was running out of time. I to get there I went to the bright side weir, dropped off by my grandad. I entered in by the outfall (which is very easy to get as the water levels were very low.) It definitely lives up to its name.. except for the REALLY slippy bricks which I did slip on and wet my arse. Anyway, here is a few pictures I took on my phone! (no particular order...)

This is looking up the outfall! It was only just about knee deep here, reading other threads it seems people got their waders filled..
IMG_20211025_111834035.jpg

Stood at the outfall, it was bigger than it looks! Still a little stoopy, but it goes to 6ft tall brick and concrete pipe!
Polish_20211025_125214522.jpg

Stood in a chamber at this photo, the water goes shallow super fast. Its alot shallower than i thought it would be, other photos made it out to look very deep!

Inside the tunnel itself, as i said none of these photos are in any order, these are randomly taken as i had a look around. I can see completely why people say this walk is so tedious and boring, there is nothing to see other than the odd overflow pipe flowing in, these were dry too!! :mad:

And thats all really... Soon i will post a much more interesting thread (in an actual order haha!) Thanks for reading!

I also have a small video of me having a look, most of it is just walking back, but i saw nobody has touched on this explore so I thought id post this as have nothing else... (mods you can delete this if you like!)
Here is the YouTube video if you would like to have a look! Thanks.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Had to look back at my photos to remind myself which one this was as quite a few the Sheffield drains blend into one in my head now! It's defo worth going a bit further with this one - it's reaaaaallly long (in Sheffield terms at least) and does get a bit more interesting further up with some parallel pipes and more brickwork and stuff. Take it steady going on your own, tho - as you said, it gets really slippy in places. Patronising advice aside (mine, not yours!), yr pics and commentary are a nice reminder of some rarely seen bits of the city.

Parky

Regular User
Had to look back at my photos to remind myself which one this was as quite a few the Sheffield drains blend into one in my head now! It's defo worth going a bit further with this one - it's reaaaaallly long (in Sheffield terms at least) and does get a bit more interesting further up with some parallel pipes and more brickwork and stuff. Take it steady going on your own, tho - as you said, it gets really slippy in places. Patronising advice aside (mine, not yours!), yr pics and commentary are a nice reminder of some rarely seen bits of the city.
yeah mate, im gonna go up again tomorrow and take some videos on my good camera and play around with some light painting! i would have gone further if i didnt have a bloody headache, that loud water heard from the 3rd or 4th chamber ahead stopped me.. anyway thanks for the advice!

Parky

Regular User
also just to make sure, how long would you say it is? its fine if you are sure just trying to get as much information about it as i can!

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
What tarky said except i remembered which one it was haha. There's a good reason why there's a separate video section and i think you know what it is but whatever :p Good job, go see the rest :thumb

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
also just to make sure, how long would you say it is? its fine if you are sure just trying to get as much information about it as i can!
It's about 1.5 miles as the crow flies (or some other more appropriate underground metaphor) from where you got in to the next time it opens up, but it's longer than that as it doesn't go in a straight line. Drop me a message if you need any more info.

Parky

Regular User
What tarky said except i remembered which one it was haha. There's a good reason why there's a separate video section and i think you know what it is but whatever :p Good job, go see the rest :thumb
thanks mate!

Parky

Regular User
It's about 1.5 miles as the crow flies (or some other more appropriate underground metaphor) from where you got in to the next time it opens up, but it's longer than that as it doesn't go in a straight line. Drop me a message if you need any more info.
will do, thanks!

Parky

Regular User
quick question, what is that load of water pouring in around the start of it? heres a photo
IMG_20211026_105953219.jpg

any ideas? all i can think is water used to lubricate machines at the factories as it smelt a little like chlorine...

Parky

Regular User
oo also, from the grille where it goes under ground near prince of wales road, is there anyway i can get in from there? i saw from your photos you started at the inlet of the drain. if you dont remember thats okay!

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
I remember haha. Yes, but it takes some muscle. It's easier when there's not a gateman standing 10m away

Parky

Regular User
I remember haha. Yes, but it takes some muscle. It's easier when there's not a gateman standing 10m away
when i get the chance ill scope the area, me looking like an innocent kid they wont (hopefully) suspect a thing haha