Web
Analytics
Report - - Nielsen house Oxfordshire. Too rotten. July 2018 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nielsen house Oxfordshire. Too rotten. July 2018

mattyjcooper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm abit disapointed guys havent found a previous report anywhere, has anyone been?? Been sat derelict for 15 years! I found some paperwork dated 2003.

This building is in the grounds of the Nielson company, presumably they bought "Nielsen house" and built offices on the land. Seems they used the house for something until 2003. I can't find any history on the house apart from the company had been here for 60 years.
The company is just another company really, a data anylatic center. So no need for any information on it I don't think.

Tbh I didn't come here for this, just another accidental find. I was actually passing and wanted to have a nose at the empty offices. Wasn't sure how long they had been empty but I think it was only 6 months after I had a little research when I got home. Its surrounded by a barbed wire fence so I just walked down abit, noticed I was standing next to a boarded up house, this tempted me to climb the fence but luckily I chose to have a scout first.
As always I ended up climbing! Only onto a low roof to get a good view of the house but i'm on the garage roof over looking the courtyard so maybe I'll give it a go. It's all boarded up but abit of ground floor roof has collapsed. That's got to be my entry point but it does mean it's unsafe/rotten bla bla.

I got myself in avoiding the flooded shower trays! It's a communal shower room?! I had a quick look around some corners and decided where to start off. Stood on the first bit of suspended floor and nearly fell through! Then I realise half the floor has rotted away and the walls are hanging from the ceilings!

The original house ground floor and basement is concrete so all's good but the rest of it is fucked to put it politely. Stairs are falling apart, ceilings have fallen, joists are rotten and just hanging. I wouldn't recommend this place. I was excited at first but its a waste of time and effort really, the basements the best bit. Shame I'm a few years too late and it's too rotten to see 90% of it.

Only about 6 rooms safely accessible and the basement so nothing too exciting..

IMG_20180729_134531_737.jpg

_DSC0990.JPG

_DSC0987.JPG

_DSC0976.JPG

_DSC0966.JPG

_DSC0968.JPG

_DSC0961.JPG

_DSC0960.JPG

_DSC0978.JPG

_DSC0979.JPG

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Damn that's screwed. Had a nose around a month or so after the main offices closed earlier this year before the big fence went up, no luck yet.

mattyjcooper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Damn that's screwed. Had a nose around a month or so after the main offices closed earlier this year before the big fence went up, no luck yet.
Dunno if it's gunna be worth going back for the offices. Scaffoldings up so builders are moving in. I guess the doors may be left open sometimes.

Last edited: