real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 77 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
I can't believe that this thread has died! Here's my first shot with my new camera.

24855011955_8deb2b0fbf_b.jpg

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
The Orion Nebula is nicely captured in that photo centre left. The bright star to the right and down a bit from the nebula is Rigel which is burning hot and hence appears very blue. The super bright star to the far left is Sirius which is the brightest star in the night sky and part of the Canus Major constellation, hence why it's often called the Dog Star.

Am I sounding like an anorak now?

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Excellent shot Xan :thumb
I love photography like this. This winter weather has been abysmal whenever I've been able to get out
What's your new camera, and what were the settings for that?

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Excellent shot Xan :thumb
I love photography like this. This winter weather has been abysmal whenever I've been able to get out
What's your new camera, and what were the settings for that?

Cheers dude! :thumb

My new camera is the Sony A7R Mk.I, full frame, mirrorless, 36mp. The settings for this particular shot were 28mm, f/2.8, 20 second exposure at 3200ISO.

Looking at the full size image, I wish I had of kept with 15 seconds as the stars aren't pinpoint. Google rule of 500 if you're not familiar.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Cheers dude! :thumb

My new camera is the Sony A7R Mk.I, full frame, mirrorless, 36mp. The settings for this particular shot were 28mm, f/2.8, 20 second exposure at 3200ISO.

Looking at the full size image, I wish I had of kept with 15 seconds as the stars aren't pinpoint. Google rule of 500 if you're not familiar.

I have an 11-16mm wide angle (on a crop sensor DSLR) I can usually get away with 20-25s.

mmm, very nice camera. Bet you're pleased with that :)
Aspiring to go Full frame, but won't be for a while yet!

Who has read this thread (Total: 312) View details