Web
Analytics
Question - - nikon 1 j2 | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - nikon 1 j2

garvey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just been offered a nikon 1 j2, was wondering if anyone has used one of these compact cameras and what their thoughts where about them

Was thinking it might be a handy little back up camera

Jesus Quintana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi. A bit late I'm guessing but here goes. My wife bought the J1 when it first came out (£500+)

The J2 has exactly the same sensor as the J1, just some tweaks to the body and LCD I believe. I found the picture quality pretty stunning. I liked it that much, I bought the V1 (similar, not the same!) I just like viewfinders rather than screens. I am still amazed by some of the photos she gets while I'm messing around in manual mode on my D7000

One bonus is, if you have Nikon lenses, you can buy an adapter and use these on this camera. I have the FT-1 adapter myself.

The Kwan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice image Louise, right up my street that but maybe a bit overcooked. will the adapter fit all the F-mount lenses and will AF work on all of the lenses, just that I bought a kenko teleplus adapter for the F mount only to discover that not all of my older 35mm lenses would autofocus without getting them chipped by Nikon or Sigma.

Jesus Quintana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A couple of slightly less over-cooked jpegs.

imagejpg2_zps12f3ac5e.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsa0f20d19.jpg

imagejpg3_zps715a5b0b.jpg

On a side note, I have the Sigma 105mm push/pull lens. I love this lens. I took it out last week and when my wife's J1 ran out of juice, she used my V1/FT-1/Sigma. She struggled a bit as it's MF only on that lens but I still managed some nice shots myself. The Nikon lenses are fine with AF

Last edited: