real time web analytics
Question - - nikon D40- any good | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - nikon D40- any good

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

theurbanpest

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Basically have the chance at a free or cheap nikon D 40 poss with a few lenses. Any good? particular ultra low light?

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Good camera if you are starting out, had one for 2 years, never really let me down. Wouldn't rate it in ultra low light, but it was never that bad. To be frank, if it's free, just give it to me :)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I would say a resounding yes, I know many people who have one of these and their pics are decent, I have also used Lawrences and Havoc's when he had one, both underground and above ground

For an older camera they are certainly worth the money, also the build quality pisses on my spare which is a D5000, (good job I mainly use a 7000 these days)

Sure you will get people who come on here and say they are shit, but if you can see a sample of pics taken, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :thumb

theurbanpest

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks dude. I was a preston odeon... Recently... Sadly didn't have it felt left out lol. Shame aswell

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
It's great - I'd go for it. Only problem with mine was that after being dropped and banged about for years it got its revenge and died on me at a classic site :banghead

Lawrence

Born With A Beard
28DL Full Member
I used to have a D200, I sold it and got the D40 which is classed as a lesser camera, and I prefer it.

I shoot EVERYTHING at ISO 1600, and when resized down to 800px wide the noise is hardly noticeable.

With it only being 6.1MP there is less pixels crammed into the sensor, which makes it better at higher ISO.

Get it, plus it's free - good camera.

Only downside, it won't auto focus with the older lenses, they need to be AF-S, but most are these days anyway.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
All taken on my D40

lt1.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_2582.jpg

DSC_2633.jpg

DSC_6745.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details