real time web analytics
Question - - Nikon | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Nikon

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

anubis

28" Member
28DL Full Member
This'll be interesting for me having been a Canon man since the late 80's! :popcorn

What in people's opinion is the best Nikon that is 24Mp+?

I have no knowledge of Nikon's as I say but am seriously thinking of ditching Canon next time for a Nikon.

Bored of Canon stuff and you seem to get more for your money in a Nikon, plus I rate their optics too.

I had a 'mess about' with a friend's some years ago and thought it was a nice kit.

Where the hell have the top LCD screens gone though these days? I used to like those.

tirpitz

Toy Car Racer
28DL Full Member
the top LCD screens are still there on the uppermid range & top models.
not sure why it has to be over 24mpx though as the 12 mpx of the D700 & D3 series has always been considered enough, even in full frame.

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
The D800 is 36mp and the new D600 is 24mp i think, both full frame.

I use a d800 and it's fantastic, depends what you want.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Don't have one myself, but if you can afford it, the D800 is a nice piece of work... :thumb

bobbyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi,
I have the d600 and it's a fantastic bit of kit, noise at high iso levels is pretty much non existent.. Couple it with a 50mm f1.4 and it's truly amazing

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
D800 for sure but I would settle for a D700, would have to sell my remaining Kidney though. but I use a D300 and I have been more than happy with it so far.

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Nikon is the best for photographs. I have been using D800 and it is 36.3MP.

Even though i own a D800 and love it, i'd disagree with the above statement.

A photograph isn't just about the equipment used.

But, you probably wouldn't care as your first post was the above and you're spanning a damp proofing company.

Glyn Ryles

28DL Member
28DL Member
Personally I would go for the D600 if 24Mpixel is what you want, having played with both the D600 and the D800, I can't see any reason to spend the extra money for not a whole lot more IMHO.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details