real time web analytics
No.1 The Gateway: Poplar, London : Sept.2008 | Downfallen | 28DaysLater.co.uk

No.1 The Gateway: Poplar, London : Sept.2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Downfallen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Site:
No.1 The Gateway, Poplar, London
Explorer:
Downfallen
Height:
240ft / 25 floors
Under Construction
History:
Construction started in 2006. Currently being internally fitted
Future:
Residential Accomodation, close to Canary Wharf and the DLR. All flats have been sold for some time now. Handover is scheduled towards the end of this year.

gateway287fw9.jpg

20 seconds to comply...

This project has been slated by many as an ugly design...as a classic example of 'neo' brutalism.
True ,true...pretty it isnt...but it sits in the position of offering spectacular views of the O2, Ontario Tower and Canary Wharf...so I was keen to see.
So ...despite it sitting next to a set of extremely busy road, the game was afoot.
Inside ....everything seems cooler than the gang.
Level 4 ...Im climbing the stairs when 'ping' the lights in the stairwell go on...and a booming , feminine voice belts out...
'Intruder...Intruder.....Security have been alerted and are attending...please press your ID card against the light within the next 20 seconds '

:eek:

I look around like a wally....
'what fucking light ??' :p
(never mind the ID card)
Despite the lights, an alarm and the repeated verbal warning....I think
Dont panic until its absolutely time to panic !!
I choose a secure spot in the compound to hang around, until I figure out what the level of the response will be.
Up on top....the views are magnificent.....Canary Wharf on one side, The O2 and Ontario Tower on the other.
Despite the roof absolutely stinking of piss ( I figure its the current toilet for the site workers) I chill and get some pictures before heading down and exploring some of the flats and balconies, which like most residential developments around here....are a bit small and cramped, but do offer some nice views.

When finished I head down..looking out for the alarm trigger- a PIR....I spot it , but too late and off it goes again.....muppet :rolleyes:
It was little tricky getting out, thanks to the Security guard now being fully switched on...but thanks to some comedy creeping around in the shadows , he didn't see / hear me, so all's well that ends well.

Up on top, I found the light switch for London
gateway281vj3.jpg

And pressed it....:p
gateway282copytw3.jpg

Canary Wharf to the South...
gateway284kw6.jpg

Elektron Towers to the East
gateway285ad5.jpg

The O2 and Ontario Tower close by
gateway286yc7.jpg

Another freebie for my 'non UE' post lurkers...:rolleyes:(220 to here)
gateway289qd6.jpg

The terrace views have to be what you are paying for on this building.
gateway2810vo5.jpg

gateway2811et9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details