Web
Analytics
Report - - Nocton Hall – Lincolnshire – October 2016 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Nocton Hall – Lincolnshire – October 2016

mockney reject

28DL Regular User
Regular User

The History

Located in the peaceful rural village of Nocton in Lincolnshire stands the beautiful ruins of Nocton Hall. It is a grade two listed building dating back to around 1530.

It served as a convalescence home for wounded American officers during the First World War and was then acquired by the air ministry in 1940 and transformed into a RAF Hospital.

Up until 1943 the Hall was used as a 'clearing station', not long after 1943 Nocton Hall was chose
to be the home for the United States Army after the Americans took control over Nocton and
its grounds for the second time. It became the Army's seventh general hospital, and the hall used as an 'Officers Club'.

In this time Nocton served civilian's and forces personnel till the military decided to close Nocton Hall in 1983. The RAF decided in 1984 to lease Nocton to the US Army and so this one quiet building and grounds turned into a 740 bed hospital.

Sadly in the early hours on the 24th October 2004 a fire engulfed Nocton Hall, and so has left
this historic building as the ruins it is today, and at the mercy of nature reclaiming it back
as its own.

The Explore

I just happened to be in Lincolnshire with a few hours to kill so though I’d go and have a look.

Pretty easy to get into and only protected but a wobbly bit of Heras fencing.

The place itself is pretty ruined but at the same time really pretty.

Its hard to believe it’s the same place seen in this report by @turkey from 2006

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/nocton-hall-raf-hospital-01-12-06.t6212

As always enjoy the pics although you will have to excuse the fact they are from my phone J

IMG_7959_zps3a7tq35y.jpg

IMG_7958_zps9hnojyrr.jpg

IMG_7951_zpsdhcrni5i.jpg

IMG_7948_zpsyoasjz0z.jpg

IMG_7940_zpsj2i22rif.jpg

IMG_7916_zpszgq48hei.jpg

IMG_7912_zps6pbuotzc.jpg

IMG_7910_zpswhhz4td4.jpg

IMG_7908_zpst73rmyz5.jpg

IMG_7896_zpspljveh5p.jpg

IMG_7894_zpsf8lzqbsc.jpg

IMG_7881_zpsrsssszoy.jpg

IMG_7863_zpsrxbpn7fy.jpg

IMG_7859_zpsjqsoaz4r.jpg

IMG_7857_zpsjxiconid.jpg

IMG_7855_zpswmev8lkq.jpg

IMG_7854_zpsxusiblhc.jpg

IMG_7850_zpsaqigxyai.jpg

IMG_7843_zpsckvj5v0b.jpg

IMG_7842_zpsa4eigwqh.jpg

IMG_7840_zpsmmzizb9y.jpg

IMG_7823_zps3rxgyxkm.jpg

IMG_7822_zpsfpr5uyym.jpg

IMG_7821_zpskl9xk6xv.jpg

IMG_7811_zpsj9gyumaz.jpg

IMG_7810_zpstx6vlmgq.jpg

IMG_7808_zpswkovkeow.jpg

Lavino

28ÐŁ ƦEGUŁλƦ U$EƦ
Regular User
It looks a bit like winstanley hall but I'd say that's the worse of the two. Winstanley still has its roof intact.

mockney reject

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks like photobucket is down as I can't see any of my others either

Countrygal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Attended nocton hall today. I spent a hour trying to get in. Metal Barricades up and barbed wire has been put into bushes and on top of walls.

Last edited by a moderator:

mockney reject

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It had fence and wire when I was there, you just need to find that sweet spot and climb over

Countrygal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It had fence and wire when I was there, you just need to find that sweet spot and climb over

Trouble is, I'm a lard arse. And it would like like a bulldozer has smashed through it. The fence around the hospital has what does look like very new wire put around the top. I'm going back so will keep trying. It was my first time out, that's my excuse lol