Web
Analytics
Node Court - Codicote - July 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

RandomPanicPanda

28DL Member
28DL Member
First of all apologies I know this location his been done, a lot… but it’s local and a beautiful (once upon a time) structure that I wanted to visit for a while before it’s (most probably) torn down. I guess it’s interesting to see over stages how quickly a building can be further destroyed once abandoned. We’ve all got to start somewhere :)

History

So being a miserable British Sunday, what else better to do than explore Node Court, a building once known as one of the biggest thatched roofs in the UK. It’s beautiful thatched roof burnt down in an arson costing £3.5 Mil in damages in 2015 then further in 2019…

Without repeating too much of its history, it was built in 1928 for an American business man as a model dairy, sold in 1938 and further developed into racing stables, then eventually in 1972 when farming ceased it was developed and sold off in sections to various businesses.

Exploration

So typically whilst entering being the only time a car and cyclist pass me at that exact moment, it had me on edge for the entire duration of the visit and awaiting sirens, but all was good and I managed to spend a good hour exploring before the heavy rain started.

It’s been absolutely taken apart, but it was nice to see a couple of original features which is something I always hunt for when exploring. Although abandoned its true beauty still shined through the now dark shadows of its former glorious self.

It was lovely to see a couple of sections of thatched roof left on the tower too! Although, I did completely crap myself on the roof when I realised how literally the steels were so completely bowed and only held up by a few mm on each side, I made a swift exit from up there!

Enjoy :)