Web
Analytics
Noob | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Horizon9870

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, I'm H(not sure if I used use my actual name ) from birmingham I'm new to this hobby, tired going it alone with a few friends today(all noobs) .Wasn't the best idea.We tried to get into what I think was an old office building located in Aston, five ways, Birmingham. It was built around 1979 but then was soon abandoned after a vast majority of workers began getting sick due to poor ventilation and working conditions. With over 2000 rooms and 23 floors it would of made a amazing experience especially for the roomered roof top views. Saddly it now has pretty effective security and a guard dog we couldn't even make it past the gate. There was also a person in small white van that looked like he was patrolling (defo reported us to security or was apart of it).Guard was out with in 10 mins of us scoping out the building cuz another group came and made too much noise. Shortly after police came too. Building looked bored up tightly and its getting demolished soon from what I can seem to find on the Internet (people have been calling for its demolition for years). Still a bit bummed cuz them views would have been worth it . Ye but I think that buildings a no go now .
20210717_000939.jpg

Anyhow can someone link me to the rules/guidelines for this site. While I tried to get familiar with this site I saw people did reports with a bit of history, hence what u see above. Oh btw any help you can offer on places to check out or how to navigate around this site will be much appreciated. Sorry if I broke some of the rules I will get aquainted with them asap. Oh and while going through the site quickly I saw something about public meet ups? Where do I find info on this. Thanks again ✌

Last edited:

tigger

mog
Regular User
Welcome to 28DL

The guidlines are right there at the top of the section you posted to. A sticky tghrtead to make it very easy to find but here you go:

Please do read it before you get fully into the swing of posting as there are things that will ease you into the way things work here.

For posting of 'reports' there is another guide...yes, another sticky and again conveniently at the top of this section.
You've obviously got the hang of adding images already which is good.

Some individual bulletin board sections have other stickies where appropriate (for specific rules within that section or because it's just useful/important infortmation). Look out for those.

Horizon9870

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome to 28DL

The guidlines are right there at the top of the section you posted to. A sticky tghrtead to make it very easy to find but here you go:

Please do read it before you get fully into the swing of posting as there are things that will ease you into the way things work here.

For posting of 'reports' there is another guide...yes, another sticky and again conveniently at the top of this section.
You've obviously got the hang of adding images already which is good.

Some individual bulletin board sections have other stickies where appropriate (for specific rules within that section or because it's just useful/important infortmation). Look out for those.
Okayyyy thank you for your help :)

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
Hi, I'm H(not sure if I used use my actual name ) from birmingham I'm new to this hobby, tired going it alone with a few friends today(all noobs) .Wasn't the best idea.We tried to get into what I think was an old office building located in Aston, five ways, Birmingham. It was built around 1979 but then was soon abandoned after a vast majority of workers began getting sick due to poor ventilation and working conditions. With over 2000 rooms and 23 floors it would of made a amazing experience especially for the roomered roof top views. Saddly it now has pretty effective security and a guard dog we couldn't even make it past the gate. There was also a person in small white van that looked like he was patrolling (defo reported us to security or was apart of it).Guard was out with in 10 mins of us scoping out the building cuz another group came and made too much noise. Shortly after police came too. Building looked bored up tightly and its getting demolished soon from what I can seem to find on the Internet (people have been calling for its demolition for years). Still a bit bummed cuz them views would have been worth it . Ye but I think that buildings a no go now .
View attachment 912577

Anyhow can someone link me to the rules/guidelines for this site. While I tried to get familiar with this site I saw people did reports with a bit of history, hence what u see above. Oh btw any help you can offer on places to check out or how to navigate around this site will be much appreciated. Sorry if I broke some of the rules I will get aquainted with them asap. Oh and while going through the site quickly I saw something about public meet ups? Where do I find info on this. Thanks again ✌
Welcome to the site!

Read the advice from @tigger above, all good advice and I couldn’t of said it much better.

I used to be based in Birmingham but have now moved slightly further afield to Worcestershire.

Five Ways Tower is pretty much a no go now but is rather trashed and only worth it for the views at the top so you’re not missing too much (prior reports on the site if you want to browse).

Nonetheless, there’s lots about, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area.

Any other questions just give me a shout! ✌

Horizon9870

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome to the site!

Read the advice from @tigger above, all good advice and I couldn’t of said it much better.

I used to be based in Birmingham but have now moved slightly further afield to Worcestershire.

Five Ways Tower is pretty much a no go now but is rather trashed and only worth it for the views at the top so you’re not missing too much (prior reports on the site if you want to browse).

Nonetheless, there’s lots about, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area.

Any other questions just give me a
Welcome to the site!

Any other questions just give me a shout! ✌
Okay will do, and thanks for the response, will probably end up giving u a shout at some point so thank youuuu