real time web analytics
Report - - Norden Railway Train Graveyard, Corfe/Swanage, Dorset 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Norden Railway Train Graveyard, Corfe/Swanage, Dorset 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

gatesofdelirium

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi! I'm totally new to 28dayslater so this post is back from 2012 at one of my first Urban Exploring adventures.

Norden train station is the northern terminus of the historic Swanage railway, situated just 1 mile from Corfe Castle. The line was used for storing older vehicles either waiting for refurbishment or that have been forgotten about which gives it the nickname of being a 'train graveyard'.

Note: As of 2016, this is now a live section of track with running trains. You can be fined up to £1000 for trespassing on the railway. The stock held to the north of Norden is a store of vehicles awaiting restoration or to act as a source of spare parts for others. Vehicles are moved around from time to time to provide access.

The photos were part of a project way back in 2012 - 'Abandoned places, abandoned objects', documenting decay and derelict places. Taken on a very basic Panasonic Lumix camera and edited after in Photoshop.

I'm hoping to go back through my old hard drive soon to dig up more photos from the project which should uncover more for my first report too on the Royal Naval Cordite Factory at Holton Heath ( https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/royal-naval-cordite-factory-rncf-holton-heath-2012.t109882 )

So for now these are a bit arty farty but I'll update the reports with new photos when possible - watch this space.

P1200423.jpg

P1200340.jpg

P1200345.jpg

P1200351.jpg

P1200366.jpg

P1200380 copy.jpg

bags2.jpg

:turd

Last edited by a moderator: