real time web analytics
Question - - Norfolk bunker | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Norfolk bunker

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dorathenewexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys im new here for a long while ive been trying to find an answer to my childhood question when i was younger i remember going to a quarry more specific Bawsey near Kings lynn norfolk and remember seeing an entrance to a bunker throughout the years i couldn't find it again, so the question is any locals got any pictures or heard stories of the bawsey bunker even better got any ideas where the second entrance could be as im sure bunkers got more than one exit and entrance via air ventilation or an emergency exit.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
to think your childhood question can be answered in seconds by typing bawdsey bunker into Google maps.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think people are getting confused with Bawdsey. I have never heard of a bunker near Bawsey. Was it just a small air raid shelter maybe, near the quarries.

Dorathenewexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think people are getting confused with Bawdsey. I have never heard of a bunker near Bawsey. Was it just a small air raid shelter maybe, near the quarries.
I doubt it was i remember the big entrance that was back then filled with sand so i assume local authorities have filled it, walking through the forest you can find random pipes sticking out and i know in one place you can hear the hollow ground beneath if you hit it with a large stick im surprised theres nothing mentioned about it anywhere

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I doubt it was i remember the big entrance that was back then filled with sand so i assume local authorities have filled it, walking through the forest you can find random pipes sticking out and i know in one place you can hear the hollow ground beneath if you hit it with a large stick im surprised theres nothing mentioned about it anywhere
Can't say I have honestly heard of a big bunker at Bawsey. But will do some hunting about.

Dorathenewexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Little update i have found the remains of the entrance i remember it before it got fully welded and overgrown and that was only about 5-6 years ago! im not a bunker expert but isnt it a bit too big to be just an old air raid shelter ? And then again the random pipes in the ground all over the woods old ventilation or remainder of the old military camp ?

20230225_172937.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 134) View details