real time web analytics
Report - - Nortel sports and social club, Harlow, Feb 11 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nortel sports and social club, Harlow, Feb 11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

troglodyte

Cave Dweller
28DL Full Member
Nortel sports and social club, Harlow,Essex, Feb 11

I'd previously visited the site a few weeks ago but decided to show yeah_mick around and get a few shots this time. It's not an overly impressive building but it certainly seems alot bigger on the inside then it looks from outside. The centre closed in 2002 due to change of location.
The squash courts are the most impressive section of the sports centre, As they are almost in mint condition and has one of the best echo's I have ever heard.
The sports centre is actually part of the larger Nortel site just next door which closed in 2010.
Definitely a possible explore for the future.

IMG_6943EB.jpg

IMG_6937EB.jpg

IMG_6925EB.jpg

IMG_6928EB.jpg

IMG_6929EB.jpg

IMG_6922EB.jpg

IMG_6948EB.jpg

Last edited:

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We had a look round the main Nortel site late last year but never got to see the social club (think it had been torched by then). Looks like it was pretty decent back then though!

The main buildings were pretty trashed on the derelict side but the live side looked good. There were people wandering around in there when we went though. I've heard that security has been significantly beefed up of late but not sure to what extent. Don't think it's going to be around much longer either as I believe demolition is underway.