Web
Analytics
Report - - North Brook Culvert, Exeter - 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - North Brook Culvert, Exeter - 2014

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
A section of this was originally reported by Styru in 2013...

The only snippet of history I could find, is that it was locally named Shit Brook, ie open sewer. In parts it still smells fresh so nothing seems to have changed really. There's also a few sections where the construction seems to reinforce this, with a central channel typically used for these purposes.

The culvert is in 4 sections, it seems. The Southern section explored by Styru, a Central section, a section so small it's not worth mentioning, and a Northern section.

The first explore was the Southern section, with Styru and The Queen...

DSC_5426.jpg

DSC_5434.jpg

Sewer overflow chamber...

DSC_5436.jpg

and the sewer itself, taken from next to the screen machine thing...

and at the other end of the culvert...

DSC_5439.jpg

DSC_5441.jpg

So a few weeks later Styru and myself went back to do the Central section...

This is some of the construction I thought was particularly old...

DSC_5458.jpg

DSC_5473.jpg

DSC_5475.jpg

Don't know what this was...

DSC_5470.jpg

DSC_5476.jpg

DSC_5477.jpg

You can't really tell, but this was quite a steep slope with handholds...

Me lighting it up...

DSC_5479.jpg

Styru lighting me up...

DSC_5485.jpg

I love this shot...

DSC_5488.jpg

DSC_5492.jpg

This section was notable by the number of different constructions, quite visible here...

DSC_5493.jpg

DSC_5494.jpg

It was dark when we got out...

DSC_5499.jpg

DSC_5500.jpg

Finally I went to see the Northern section. A very stoopy concrete pipe grated at one end, and stinking of fresh at the other, with nice grey-brown effluent froth, so I gave that a miss for being fetid and backbreaking.