real time web analytics
Report - - North & South casemates Dover May 2012 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North & South casemates Dover May 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Brief bit of history copied from the net...

South Flank Casemates, Dover: During a new fear of invasion from Napoleon III two new dry moats where added to the existing citadel defences. The northern and the southern moat both had their own casemates built. Between these there was also a defensive caponier built, but sadly this was filled in during the 1960's by the Dover Corporation and they gradually destroyed many parts of the Western Heights.

The southern casemates are a lot larger than the northern casemates, with eight separate rooms whereas the northern casemates only had six.

The explore was a spur of the moment thing as i couldnt stand another day staring at the pc..SilverRainbow txt me to say he was free so we headed over to this spot.I first came here about a year and a half ago and only managed the south casemates as the north can only be reached via a crawl through some small chalk tunnels and a squeeze through the Pipe..going in was fine but knowing how tight it was made me a little edgy when wedged in the pipe..Eh have covered the access with anti climb paint as well as trying to seal it all up...

On with some pics which i have tried not to go mad with ..

Starting in the north part

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

And now back thru the pipe some from the south part

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

And now to try and keep scrubbing myself till the fooking paint comes off!

Jo84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I haven’t done the pipe I don’t want to get stuck as I’m not slim Jim lol

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I know bigger chaps than me who have gone through it,there is an alternative route round to that section ive just never used it or sure where it is exactly

Jo84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know bigger chaps than me who have gone through it,there is an alternative route round to that section ive just never used it or sure where it is exactly. Next time I go I’m going to give it a try , if I get stuck I’m sure someone will rescue me,if not I’m sure the next explorers will get a shock lol oh is there I’ve have to look into that . I really want to into the actual citadel