real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - Feb 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - Feb 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

oleo.21

oleophotos
28DL Full Member
Hiya, this is my first post, so it may not be the best but thought I'd write up about my Denbigh visit! Visited with @Chloe Explores

HISTORY
North Wales Hospital is a Grade II* listed building in Denbighshire, Wales. It was built between 1844 and 1848 and housed 1500 patients, before closing in 2002.

THE EXPLORE
This was our final explore of our weekend trip in North Wales. Definitely the perfect way to wrap it up.
With the recent security takeover, we weren't expecting to spend any longer than 5 minutes here, let alone even get inside. Arriving on a Sunday morning about 9am, we scouted around the outside of the site, with one man in his car slowing down to tell us not to go in because they have 24 hour security. We looked around the back and contemplated going through the back fields, but weren't sure if we could see any vehicles round there, so we headed for the front of the building and ended up going in via what was probably the most bait way possible. Once on site, we stayed low to see if we could spot or hear any security around, before dashing through a gap in the fence and running through an open doorway. And with that, we were in. Considering we had were 100% sure we would get caught, we actually ended up spending about 5 hours exploring until we decided we'd seen enough and left. Honestly, was such a calm explore, we had the entire place to ourselves. Things may be different now, but I think we were just extremely lucky with out timing.

PHOTOS:

IMG_8906.jpg

The grand entrance

IMG_8718.jpg

IMG_8689.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

IMG_8695.jpg

This area was pretty stripped out and looked like a building site.

IMG_8711.jpg

View of the country side.

IMG_8729.jpg

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8753.jpg

Old canteen I believe? In a terrible state.

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8799.jpg

Lovely

IMG_8814.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

The upstairs that was no more

IMG_8858.jpg

Front of the building

IMG_8879.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Best pics Ive seen from there for a while.

Agreed. One small niggle though

Denbigh Mental

Despite what Wiki used to say, it was never called this, either officially or by the locals. It was officially and over the years North Wales Counties Lunatic Asylum, Five Counties Mental Hospital, North Wales Counties Mental Hospital, North Wales Mental Hospital and finally North Wales Hospital. Locally it was just "The Hospital" or "Yr Ysbyty".

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Agreed. One small niggle though

Despite what Wiki used to say, it was never called this, either officially or by the locals. It was officially and over the years North Wales Counties Lunatic Asylum, Five Counties Mental Hospital, North Wales Counties Mental Hospital, North Wales Mental Hospital and finally North Wales Hospital. Locally it was just "The Hospital" or "Yr Ysbyty".

Also closed in 1995 not 2002

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
He also refers to it as Denbigh Asylum = incorrect, Denbigh Lunatic Asylum = incorrect.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Fair enough but Jeez, he also thinks half of Denbigh village is haunted.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
He's fucking weird - he had his camera smashed to pieces by the bloke, was assulted by the bloke, got bitten by his dog.... and yet he's still all chummy with him now. Almost feels like click bait shite to me.

I wouldn't piss on the bloke if he was on fire after he let his dog loose on me.

Who has read this thread (Total: 426) View details