real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh – July 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh – July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

haych

Keep it real
28DL Full Member
I bet that building was gorgeous back in the day, would be nice to see some older pictures included in the report for some history and comparison. But regardless of that nice report and pictures, you've captured the place well!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
@Grom @Calamity Jane @Shaun @The Excursionists

Perhaps we should all make a day of it?

We could all get urbex branded hoodies made saying 'Denbigh newbies'

Okay I'm kidding about the hoodies, but half serious about a day out if anyone's game? :D

@MotionlessMike Top photos mate, you make it look good! Very jealous.
Id be up for that, dependant on mth. Hoodies sound excellence pmsl. Mine would say Old chick urbex !! lmao

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
I nominate that last photo as a candidate for the customisable backgrounds of this website.

chills

Queller of the uprising
@Grom @Calamity Jane @Shaun @The Excursionists

Perhaps we should all make a day of it?

We could all get urbex branded hoodies made saying 'Denbigh newbies'

Okay I'm kidding about the hoodies, but half serious about a day out if anyone's game? :D

@MotionlessMike Top photos mate, you make it look good! Very jealous.

Have to say I’ve never touched it either. It is rather trashed to say the least but before it goes for good a trip might be in order if a few people are interested? Your pictures make it look lovely Mike! Some nice pictures of the decay!

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
I really wouldnt bother the place is absolutely fucked now; also new security are pretty on the ball.

gemxtria

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is the first place i visited just a few weeks ago and even took some band pictures with the other guys. Amazing place but a lot of people have told me it's not as good as it used to be which is a shame. I wish i could've gone back when it was better

gemxtria

28DL Member
28DL Member
We had a look at Pool Parc after, has a posh static caravan thing onsite now complete with loudly borking dog.

Me and my friends also tried to get to Pool Parc but we got stopped as soon as we parked up. They have security on site 24/7 at the top of the hill and next to the actual building. We tried to say we weren't going in the building and just taking promo pics for the band but they wouldn't let us go anywhere near it

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I really wouldnt bother the place is absolutely fucked now; also new security are pretty on the ball.

Security were VERY on the ball last week just gone. I went for a quick look while on my way up to Aberystwyth. I'd never been to Denbigh before. The site is still very overgrown, wild and untamed so it's still a legit explore I think, although it is indeed heavily ruined and absolutely punked. It was still very rewarding to see the beautiful buildings peak out from behind the rolling hills on the way there however. The exterior is ridiculously photogenic amongst the surroundings. Like it's straight out of a gothic novel. Its the most asylumy-asylum I've seen anyway, almost a Hollywood cliche.

Access to the site is straightforward around the back. There's some buildings (and the partly sealed chapel) which are fairly open to being easily explored and provide some gentle urbex, once you cross the service road/track that's been shaved across the hill to aid security driving around. It's when you go towards the main blocks that an inner steel fence appears. This site management approach felt very similar to my Severalls explore in 2017 - sacrificial and nondescript buildings (except for the chapels) easily accessible in the periphery of the site and then an iron curtain around the main protected blocks. I'm assuming that this is some mandated design or instruction for dealing with these sites while they are on the approach to bing redeveloped?

Security were right on the ball and seemingly followed me around the fringes of the site, though I'm not sure if they knew I was there or not. But they were thorough and worked in pincer movements. It was a very close call so I left without investigating the inner fencing and therefore Denbigh is still 80% mystery to me. Another place left a little too late to explore me thinks. While driving back past the place very late that same day I saw them out with their torches and dogs again. I hope they are getting well paid for the constant exertion!

Who has read this thread (Total: 376) View details