real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - June 2021 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Paulos74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this is my first post and my first real explore and it is one i wanted to do pretty quickly before the whole place is redeveloped.
I must say i thought that much more work would have taken place on site after seeing other peoples visits in the last year or so, i had read on a news web page that in may of last year building permission had been granted for a temporary training centre to be put up (im guessing for building apprentices) due to the size of the land and how many houses etc are going to be built.
There is however a large amount of what appears to be site offices portacabins with a loud genorater running so maybe part of this is the training centre.
The place is vast and took us four hours to do a full tour taking in first the church then the morgue which is easier to get to than the main body of the Hospital.
The main buildings have a seperate fence surrounding it.
After nearly thirty years you can imagine there is an awful amount of decay so its careful steps all the way especially when going above ground floor, one good thing about it being a very old building is that alot of the actual stairways are made of stone and concrete.
The main building which is the facing out front is a very imposing almost daunting to look at is also grade 2 protected and they have taken the original roof off and put a corregatted tin roof on, i can only guess to protect the inside from the elements before turning it into appartments, it is completely gutted the inside so its just a shell.
We also managed to get under ground in the service tunnels but the air down there is not great.
Hope you all enjoy my first post there will most certainly be more in the future once we establish more locations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Well done on 1st report & 1st explore. Big welcome to 28DL. You've caught some great shots of the over all buildings. Youve nailed the format correctly. The only thing missing, even though this place has been done to death is some history. We only ask this of every report, so the report is well rounded.

Other than that, enjoy exploring, hope to see a lot more :cool:

Paulos74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well done on 1st report & 1st explore. Big welcome to 28DL. You've caught some great shots of the over all buildings. Youve nailed the format correctly. The only thing missing, even though this place has been done to death is some history. We only ask this of every report, so the report is well rounded.

Other than that, enjoy exploring, hope to see a lot more :cool:
Thank you for the imput, i will definitley get more of the history on our next trip out.
We got a few more in the pipeline just a bit of research first.

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice update, didn’t realise the redevelopment was actually underway with workers on site.
well done for avoiding security on your first explore, you never mentioned them so I’m guessing you were pretty covert!

Paulos74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice update, didn’t realise the redevelopment was actually underway with workers on site.
well done for avoiding security on your first explore, you never mentioned them so I’m guessing you were pretty covert!
Thank you for reading my post. We didnt see any security and we got pretty close to the site offices which id assume they'd use on site.
No actual building work taking place, looks more like they are preparing for the start of works.
I did read a local news report before going from last may saying "planning permission had been granted for a train centre to be erected on site" but other than that nothing just one machine and a tractor on site.

Who has read this thread (Total: 183) View details