real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - March 2022 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - March 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sheepdisease

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fascinating, a law from 1870 is still dictating how prisoners are treated in 2022.

Well, it's clear that the Victorian buildings will eventually become redundant for prisoners in the interests of more modern standards and that is the first step to seeing change. It's definitely a bit on the slow side though.

The problem is that people end up in prison instead of asylums because nowhere else is able to cope with some people. The system is flawed in terms of being under resourced with a growing number of people falling victim to mental health challenges either because of current living conditions, a result of the way they are treated by others or the systems failure to prevent, detect and deal with arising mental health conditions.

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Fascinating, a law from 1870 is still dictating how prisoners are treated in 2022.

Well, it's clear that the Victorian buildings will eventually become redundant for prisoners in the interests of more modern standards and that is the first step to seeing change. It's definitely a bit on the slow side though.

The problem is that people end up in prison instead of asylums because nowhere else is able to cope with some people. The system is flawed in terms of being under resourced with a growing number of people falling victim to mental health challenges either because of current living conditions, a result of the way they are treated by others or the systems failure to prevent, detect and deal with arising mental health conditions.

Honestly I couldn't have said it much better myself. It's going to take a lot of investment to make any headway in getting out of the trap that we have laid for ourselves as a society. Until then, unfortunately, I think we're gonna continue to see people getting caught in the system in increasing numbers. Austerity breeds criminals.

lolza22

Lolza Explores
28DL Full Member
The photo of the roof collapsing with the little tower on top was a terrifyingly amazing shot
Another thing I’ve noticed….why do all asylum chapels look so damn similar?! Haha!

Great report

Sheepdisease

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The photo of the roof collapsing with the little tower on top was a terrifyingly amazing shot
Another thing I’ve noticed….why do all asylum chapels look so damn similar?! Haha!

Great report
I spent a long time in that room with the collapsed tower as it provides a good view of the entire site. It was really sketchy and I was careful not to touch anything. Needless to say, I was walking on top of all the roof tiles.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I will say that I hope we move to a more rehabilitative system in prisons, away from the current Daily Fail sanctioned one. A huge percentage of the prison population are mentally ill, and the lack of resources to help them is inhumane and treatment is part of the key to breaking cycle of criminality. Hopefully we can lose the Victorian attitudes when we move away from the Victorian buildings!

The lack of resources/support for MH was a real eye opener when I was last sat in waiting for a bed in A&E just over 2 years ago. 18 hours I sat waiting for a bed but in that time I reckon I saw 10-15 people come into A&E desperately needing MH treatment and little was able to be done about it.

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
The lack of resources/support for MH was a real eye opener when I was last sat in waiting for a bed in A&E just over 2 years ago. 18 hours I sat waiting for a bed but in that time I reckon I saw 10-15 people come into A&E desperately needing MH treatment and little was able to be done about it.

I'm sorry that you experienced that, it's genuinely upsetting to hear the other side. We know the otherside, but can separate ourselves from it most of the time.

There has been a huge reduction in the amount of beds available in the last 12 years, at least 25% have been decommissioned since the tories came back into power. It's even worse in learning/intellectual disabilities. The financial squeeze has meant that services have has to be pared back from proactive to reactive, and even then, it's got to the point that people are being discharged with inadequate support after very serious, determined attempts to end their life that have necessitated time in intensive care.

Staff are burnt out, wondering if they can continue to practice when they can't provide the standard of care that they want to give, and know people need and deserve. Do they continue to work, do the best they can, knowing that they're compromising their standards and principles? Worrying that the restrictions will land them in front of a coroner or the regulator. The conflict is further heightened by the below inflation pay rises making people question whether the pay is worth the stress. Why take responsibility for the lives umpteen people a day, when you can stack shelves or something for marginally less money?

Something needs to change.

James.m

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great report! I was thinking about visiting this place in the coming months, however I am an amateur and It is a good distance away from me, does anyone have any advice for the explore? Is access easy? Would I have to jump a fence? I’ve heard security are very active, does anyone have any info on them? are any buildings no go zones? (as in too dangerous [I am aware of the decay and have explored 2 places in a similar state]) and finally are there any areas that are the most noteworthy? I hope to make a report upon returning as i have not yet done so on this site, I am not sure if you can privately message me on this site but if you can please feel free to do so thanks in advance

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
visited here friday, could not find the room with the collapsed tower no matter where i looked :lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 577) View details