real time web analytics
Information - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No one will be visiting as an explorer now any ways they Local council are in charge of the building and going to be housing soon. They have security on the main front of the building and got 7 foot fence up now all around the property no way of getting in. And if you do u will be bitten by dogs.

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
No one will be visiting as an explorer now any ways they Local council are in charge of the building and going to be housing soon. They have security on the main front of the building and got 7 foot fence up now all around the property no way of getting in. And if you do u will be bitten by dogs.

Show us your bites then...

surrey urbanex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Because that was mentioned above read from top down. They may aswell flatten it 5 sites in surrey alone have been lost to developement in the last 3 months as soon as somewhere comes up to explore its flattened almost straight away not even time for security in my area.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I live in one of the redeveloped asylums, St Edwards in staffordshire. Yeah alot of the buildings were lost but all of the Victorian wards,the chapel, hall, doctors houses,water tower,summer houses and the morgue were kept.
If it wasn't redeveloped it would have probably been flattened and gone for good

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If it's not too intrusive, I'd really like to see internals and externals of how it was fininshed.
I'll post some up tomorrow, little of the character has been kept internally,all the fireplaces have been covered/removed. Externally the buildings are very in keeping with how they used to look with them being grade 2 listed.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I'll post some up tomorrow, little of the character has been kept internally,all the fireplaces have been covered/removed. Externally the buildings are very in keeping with how they used to look with them being grade 2 listed.

St Edwards has been converted well - in part its location made the redevelopment financially desirable. I think that's what goes against Denbigh somewhat.

I'd love to live at the top of the tower at St Edwards, one of the best towers converted imo.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
IMG_20190116_164820-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164654-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164606-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164555-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164508-01.jpeg
IMG_20190115_211547-01.jpeg
IMG_20190115_211426-01.jpeg
The buildings look very much as they did before redevelopment but the site has had many new builds put up too.
Inside as you can see there is little of the original character left other than the room size , corridors and ridiculous ceiling height (to put it into perspective, the TV in the background of the last photo is 50".)
St Edwards was redeveloped pretty much as soon as it closed. I remember having a look around as there was nothing in the way of security and there was very little damage other than the odd smashed window. Ive never visited denbigh and it now looks like I never will, but if redeveloped correctly I'm sure it would be great.

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG_20190116_164820-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164654-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164606-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164555-01.jpeg
IMG_20190116_164508-01.jpeg
IMG_20190115_211547-01.jpeg
IMG_20190115_211426-01.jpeg
The buildings look very much as they did before redevelopment but the site has had many new builds put up too.
Inside as you can see there is little of the original character left other than the room size , corridors and ridiculous ceiling height (to put it into perspective, the TV in the background of the last photo is 50".)
St Edwards was redeveloped pretty much as soon as it closed. I remember having a look around as there was nothing in the way of security and there was very little damage other than the odd smashed window. Ive never visited denbigh and it now looks like I never will, but if redeveloped correctly I'm sure it would be great.
Did st Edwards ever have any theatre rooms / padded cells or this this not known? I work just up the road in leek. Somebody I work with used to live in one of the apartments and she said at night it was really creepy and the clock used to stop at certain times.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Did st Edwards ever have any theatre rooms / padded cells or this this not known? I work just up the road in leek. Somebody I work with used to live in one of the apartments and she said at night it was really creepy and the clock used to stop at certain times.
The dance hall/theatre was demolished, yes it did have padded cells, I aquired copies of old architects drawings from Stafford record office and it turns out my place is made up of a store room, coal store, 4 cells,1 padded cell, night attendants room, scullery and part of a day room in the male acute ward

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is amazing, so interesting that you know the exact part of the building your place used to be. I think if I lived there I’d have to know the history too. To think of what would of gone on in that padded cells and patients thoughts. Thank you for sharing dude.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I even have a few bits of crockery with the asylum logo and staffordshire knot on them, none of them unbroken unfortunately
IMG_20190117_165904.jpg

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I even have a few bits of crockery with the asylum logo and staffordshire knot on them, none of them unbroken unfortunately
IMG_20190117_165904.jpg
That’s ace, I think if I lived there I’d have to know the history too be interested in the place. So interesting to say you live in a converted insane asylum

Who has read this thread (Total: 346) View details