real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Ramdom explores 17-19 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Ramdom explores 17-19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Some random explores that we've come across in the last couple of years since moving this way.
Nothing amazing and not really worthy of individual reports, but some may find interesting.
Cwm Brchan mine and aerial ropeway.

Pylons and top loading station for an aerial ropeway, early 20th century.
The remains of an aerial ropeway, which brought ore from a point near four lodes at the upper end of Cwm Bychan, to a processing plant near Nantmor, a distance of about 1.4kms. Much of the ropeway remains and it is possible to "reconstruct" the machinery in some detail from the surviving parts.

Found this one while out walking the dogs,
A nice surprise, my son and I returned to explore the mine, not to much to write about, it was flooded & cold.

Nursing home Denbyshire.

Nursing homes are shit and this didn't disappoint.
A recent fire had gutted the top floor, with the residents evacuated the fire crew were able to save the rest of the home, unfortunatly the residents belongings on the ground floor were all damaged by water.

WW2 defences: RAF Nefyn - Chain Home Radar Station.
A random drive out when we spotted this, obviously we had to stop and check it out.

Derp house four crosses

Everyone loves a derp house (sarcasm)
Anyway a right weird one this, it was (I think) a former nursing home, but recently used as a home to stash illegal workers (I think).. whatever many dodgy going ons with many stolen goods inside (i think)
Before the do gooders pipe up police are aware.

Old trains.
Spotted from the road we waited for after hours and went down to investigate, nice on the outside, stripped on the inside.

Tanqueray’s Brewery llangollen

Nothing left inside to suggest it ever was a Brewery, maybe used for storage in later years, killed half hour though.

Penmon Quarry
The quarry is one of the Penmon quarries, where limestone has been worked since the sixteenth century. In the 1890s, fluxing stone for a Glasgow steelworks was supplied from this quarry and a large steam powered crushing plant was built. The double limekiln is a prominent feature.

We Spotted this from the beach one evening and decided to come back at a later date for a nose.

Next is Some random Derp houses, not very exciting but cant help but have a peak.
All stripped out and not worth any more pics.

No.1

No.2
A row of old cottages

No.3

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice:cool:
After I saw Hughie do an ensemble I thought what a great idea. So liking this alot. Lots of places, some great shots. Shows newer people we don`t always post every explore.

I do like the look of derp house 1831, lovely external shot, loving the trains and snow pics too. Very nice collection. :thumb

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Nice:cool:
After I saw Hughie do an ensemble I thought what a great idea. So liking this alot. Lots of places, some great shots. Shows newer people we don`t always post every explore.

I do like the look of derp house 1831, lovely external shot, loving the trains and snow pics too. Very nice collection. :thumb

Thanks CJ.

The 1831 house is such a shameful waste, if it was cleaned up someone could move back in tomorrow.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Omg it is really good condition. This needs saving. I love to buy this. I bet it gets auctioned off and demo`d :( Thanks for the extra shots. It is a beaut

jones-y-gog

Putting the fun in dysfunctional
Regular User
Cool collection
That four crosses house is a weird one , it seemed like someone had an obsession for labelling everything with stickers from what I remember! When I was there I assumed it had been used as a cheap no frills self catering cottage, didn't realise there was anything more dodgy involved...
I'd tried accessing the Llangollen one - guess I wasn't missing much there then lol

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Cool collection
That four crosses house is a weird one , it seemed like someone had an obsession for labelling everything with stickers from what I remember! When I was there I assumed it had been used as a cheap no frills self catering cottage, didn't realise there was anything more dodgy involved...
I'd tried accessing the Llangollen one - guess I wasn't missing much there then lol

Some definite dodgy going ons, there was labels everywhere warning not to drink the tap water, when the laundry would be collected, not to use the electric at certain times plus loads of other rules.
One of the back rooms that was locked from the rest of the house was full of what I reckon was stolen delivery parcels, whoever was behind it must have been spooked and left in a hurry.

Who has read this thread (Total: 251) View details