real time web analytics
Report - - North weald Redoubt, Essex - December 2014 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North weald Redoubt, Essex - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Smangalang

28DL Member
28DL Member
Excellent post. So good in fact I had to go and take a look for myself...
I am brand new to the site so thought before I would post up like most do saying that I'd love to one day get along to a site/meet and then never to be seen again, I have some photo's to introduce myself with (don't worry, no selfies!)
I had a few hours to kill in the Essex area today so decided that today was the day and drove over to North Weald to (try and) find the redoubt. And I did!
I am a (very) amateur photographer with only a bridge camera at the moment but everyone has to start somewhere right? This site captured my love for an adventure and photography so thought it was perfect for me to join up to.
So less about me, more about the site that I visited.
It is indeed a very overgrown area now with stinging nettles and brambles leading up to the area (legs are still stinging as I type!) and although I was a little confused as to where the main area was once I explored a little deeper in to the forest-like area I found it! All totally flooded and alas, no wellies, so I couldn't fully explore but here's what I got.
Hope you enjoy and I look forward to more exploring!
m9st5d.jpg

zlwv0m.jpg

erhbbr.jpg

v65gkk.jpg

fk48r7.jpg

v3lzfc.jpg

xp0ks6.jpg

25uhaqb.jpg

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one for checking this out! It's not a bad piece of history. Did you see the turrets?
It's a great place for a first little look. Welcome in and I look forward to seeing more :)

Smangalang

28DL Member
28DL Member
It's not at all. I really think it should be restored and turned into an attraction of some sort. It will go well with the aptly signposted "Secret Nuclear Bunker" that is nearby.
I did see a turret but I didn't really know what it was at the time. I only saw one and it was filled with water, sticks and bottles of drink.

I love the map on here, I'll have a proper look through it to see where my next adventure will be

Last edited:

Freeformation

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is it just me who is conflicted about this place? I mean it has such historical value and should really have been looked after and all of this prevented. But it is so beautiful in its destruction. Its so peaceful and the flooding/graffiti combination is stunning.

Mikey5493

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey, was thinking of visiting the site do you have directions on how to get there as I live in west London and I am not sure about how to get there and where to go when in north Weald