Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Northampton town center underground tunnels. | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Northampton town center underground tunnels.

jokerpake

28DL Member
28DL Member
any info about the tunnels that run underneath the centre of northampton? not sure if theres any way in but it would be amazing to visit if there is a way.

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Depends which/what you are asking about

Do you mean the drains? the sewers? the old shelters? the old undercrofts? the service tunnels? the old culverts? the mythical church tunnels? the conservative tunnel? or something else mate?

Like every town and city there are multiple rumors, stories, legends, and some bits of truth.

Have you read this article?

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/features/what_s_under_your_feet_1_921585

If you are local then the best way is to go search - and talk to locals - be interesting to see what you can find :thumb

MaybeNot1330

Oooh, Ghosts!
28DL Full Member
Ive found what your looking for!
2580068_9a368dcf.jpg

I know were not supposed to post access info, but:
The Grosvenor Shopping Centre from a subway underneath Greyfriars. The entrance to Northampton House is on the left.
Or did you want a longer tunnel?

Attachments

sjluke

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive found what your looking for!
2580068_9a368dcf.jpg

I know were not supposed to post access info, but:

Or did you want a longer tunnel?
:thumb I am from Northampton originly,we used to try and find tunnles when we was kids to no avail im affraid and we used to get about,st crispins mainly and the place down by avon did find it on here once but cant find it anymore:confused,oh and the rugby club was always good fun:D

Attachments

melanic_moth

28DL Member
28DL Member
There are some service tunnels that run underneath the bus station and towards the shops. I've never been down them but I met a spoke to a guy through work who worked for the bus company and had to go down them as part of his job. He sad they were pretty minging with a lot of rats. Think I'll stay surface side for that one lol

gantry steele

Boldly going.....
28DL Full Member
About 10 years ago, a mate of mine used to run a bar in the town centre so I got to go down into the cellars - whilst most of the cellar was pretty 'regular' there was a door through to another small disused section - the best way I can describe it is that it was almost like a small alleyway however, there was an old door frame and old window fitted into the wall (all blocked) it was pretty weird.

The 'alleyway' only ran for a short way and was sealed (probably going into other premises) Best I can guess it was an original street level from well before the current ones were built.