Web
Analytics
Report - - Northdene / Beckenham Place Park - Beckenham, London - July 2021 (INSIDE EXPLORED AFTER FIRE) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Northdene / Beckenham Place Park - Beckenham, London - July 2021 (INSIDE EXPLORED AFTER FIRE)

Will you be visiting Northdene?

• Total voters

ScoutZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO COME TO NORTHDENE I HIGHLY ADVISE BEING CAUTIOUS AT ALL TIMES IF PLANNING TO EXPLORE THE INSIDE DUE TO THE POTENITALLY UNSTABLE NATURE OF THE BUILDING POST FIRE.

Hi all, this is my first post on 28 Days Later.

On the 31st of June me and 2 of my friends decided to visit the now potentially "infamous" Northdene house near Beckenham Place Park.

As people who are following updates on the house are aware. At the start of the previous month of June, an suspected arsonist attack took place on the property, while nobody was injured it left the building in a severely bad state following the fire. A REPORT FROM MYLONDON NEWS FOLLOWING THE FIRE: During this time extra fencing had been implemented around the site including a green palisade fence at the now point of entry (most obviously to prevent people from going in following the blaze.)
However as nothing is perfect we still managed to exploit the shrubbery to our advantage and climb over the newly erected palisade fence.

Once inside its very overgrown now, comparing the images from what I took to the photos of the date of the fire the greenery seems to be regaining land very fast! also the house has now being surrounded by temporary fence panels. These can be seen here:

After finding an easy exploit in the construction fencing we decided to head upstairs to see what remains of the now charred roof. Sadly there is not much left, after climbing through the top window on the left next to this stair case this is what you are expected to be greeted with

Notice the charred bits of wood mixed with the cracked tiles. It is a real shame we could not visit the attic however it is unreachable unless ou have the guts to somehow cross a massive gap in the floor. With that out of the way we decided to enter the building ground level wise through a window, thankfully there were bits of debris to help us reach inside safely. After this we decided to explore most of the ground floor and the basement which is quite the local attraction for reasons you will see momentarily ;)

Here are some photos of the ground floor:

(yes thats a thong... dont ask)

With the majority of the downstairs complete... there was one place we were excited to visit. However looking down the staircase makes getting in look a LOT harder then it seems (its a piece of cake)
Being someone who has 10 pet tarantulas I was very fascinated to see this drawn on the wall to the right of the staircase. Zombie Spiders?!
a bit of education for you all!:

The zombie spider (usually a cellar spider) is infected by an entomopathogenic fungus. The spider can, for a little while, survive while the fungus eats through its tissues. While this is happening, the spiders survive in a zombie-like state. Once dead, the fungus can spread to other nearby spiders.

The photos above is the condition of the area that leads to the basement and its staircase. While it may look impossible to get to, once past that pile of rubble the entire basement is completely untouched. Just extremely creepy and filled with these scary things!

There is something about the "Zombie Spider" which really creeps me out... like really bad... Considering I have no form of arachnophobia and as previously stated "Being someone who has 10 pet tarantulas"

I dont know what it is about seeing a Zombie Spider that really gives me the chills.. I feel bad for the spider but at the same time, those little furry balls of satan look like something straight out of Half Life or any other sci-fi video game.

With the immense chills of seeing zombie spiders and photos for "the gram" being taken. It was time for us to leave.

Northdene was an insanely fun and challenging experience that really requires resilience and balls to fully do. Especially with the question being raised about the buildings stability after the fire.

I recommend only people who have the courage and enthusiasm to explore such a bewildering place come here, as getting in and out might be challenging if you dont know what to look for. Plan smart and stay safe guys!

Thank you all for reading my first ever thread to 28DaysLater and I hope to upload more soon including the Croxley Rail Link

-ScoutZz

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dammit, somebody should've saved that damn bath.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
So sad. The fire really did a number here. That beauty of a canopy bath really needed saving, but I guess it was just awkward to be retrieved :(

ScoutZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO COME TO NORTHDENE I HIGHLY ADVISE BEING CAUTIOUS AT ALL TIMES IF PLANNING TO EXPLORE THE INSIDE DUE TO THE POTENITALLY UNSTABLE NATURE OF THE BUILDING POST FIRE.

Hi all, this is my first post on 28 Days Later.

On the 31st of June me and 2 of my friends decided to visit the now potentially "infamous" Northdene house near Beckenham Place Park.

As people who are following updates on the house are aware. At the start of the previous month of June, an suspected arsonist attack took place on the property, while nobody was injured it left the building in a severely bad state following the fire. A REPORT FROM MYLONDON NEWS FOLLOWING THE FIRE: During this time extra fencing had been implemented around the site including a green palisade fence at the now point of entry (most obviously to prevent people from going in following the blaze.)
However as nothing is perfect we still managed to exploit the shrubbery to our advantage and climb over the newly erected palisade fence.

Once inside its very overgrown now, comparing the images from what I took to the photos of the date of the fire the greenery seems to be regaining land very fast! also the house has now being surrounded by temporary fence panels. These can be seen here:

View attachment 913975View attachment 913976

After finding an easy exploit in the construction fencing we decided to head upstairs to see what remains of the now charred roof. Sadly there is not much left, after climbing through the top window on the left next to this stair case this is what you are expected to be greeted with

View attachment 913977View attachment 913978View attachment 913979View attachment 913980

View attachment 913981View attachment 913982

Notice the charred bits of wood mixed with the cracked tiles. It is a real shame we could not visit the attic however it is unreachable unless ou have the guts to somehow cross a massive gap in the floor. With that out of the way we decided to enter the building ground level wise through a window, thankfully there were bits of debris to help us reach inside safely. After this we decided to explore most of the ground floor and the basement which is quite the local attraction for reasons you will see momentarily ;)

Here are some photos of the ground floor:

View attachment 913990View attachment 913988

(yes thats a thong... dont ask)
View attachment 913989View attachment 913987

With the majority of the downstairs complete... there was one place we were excited to visit. However looking down the staircase makes getting in look a LOT harder then it seems (its a piece of cake)
Being someone who has 10 pet tarantulas I was very fascinated to see this drawn on the wall to the right of the staircase. Zombie Spiders?!
a bit of education for you all!:

The zombie spider (usually a cellar spider) is infected by an entomopathogenic fungus. The spider can, for a little while, survive while the fungus eats through its tissues. While this is happening, the spiders survive in a zombie-like state. Once dead, the fungus can spread to other nearby spiders.

View attachment 913985View attachment 913986

The photos above is the condition of the area that leads to the basement and its staircase. While it may look impossible to get to, once past that pile of rubble the entire basement is completely untouched. Just extremely creepy and filled with these scary things!

View attachment 913984View attachment 913983

There is something about the "Zombie Spider" which really creeps me out... like really bad... Considering I have no form of arachnophobia and as previously stated "Being someone who has 10 pet tarantulas"

I dont know what it is about seeing a Zombie Spider that really gives me the chills.. I feel bad for the spider but at the same time, those little furry balls of satan look like something straight out of Half Life or any other sci-fi video game.

With the immense chills of seeing zombie spiders and photos for "the gram" being taken. It was time for us to leave.

Northdene was an insanely fun and challenging experience that really requires resilience and balls to fully do. Especially with the question being raised about the buildings stability after the fire.

I recommend only people who have the courage and enthusiasm to explore such a bewildering place come here, as getting in and out might be challenging if you dont know what to look for. Plan smart and stay safe guys!

Thank you all for reading my first ever thread to 28DaysLater and I hope to upload more soon including the Croxley Rail Link

-ScoutZz
Here are some extra photos curtesy of my friends

Attachments

RXQueen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I loved this place and was gutted about the fire. I popped back last week but didn’t find a way in, though I do now know of one.

zombizza

Pink
Regular User
At least that one was the standard bath, the posh Victorian one was saved.
nah, sadly that bath there is the grand one, you can tell by the shape at one end

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Well shit yes it is, not the other one I was thinking. Damn it

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How can an empty property catch fire that badly, developer arson methinks.

zombizza

Pink
Regular User
They meant the other bath or generally got confused

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
It wasn't saved, you can see in that burned photo the top canopy part hanging down through the floor by the pipe, it burned.
Oh no, that is sad. So many said it should of been saved. How sad. Cheers Andrew for info