real time web analytics
Information - - Noteworthy Reports | Noteworthy Reports | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Noteworthy Reports

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Mmm personally no. Same thing as i said before, good explore but not better than other good explores. Not a particularly famous place or anything like that. If you put it in there's one hell of a lot of equivalents that have to go in for me, put it that way! (sorry mike!)

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd say it was still worth it - the famousness (if that's a word) of a place shouldn't really matter, the explore and the location are what's important. It looks to have taken a fair amount of time & effort to get to it, and once inside it's pretty impressive; the write up/explanation of the whole process adds to it too.
I suppose mentioning the fact that it looks to be the first time anyone's explored the place could slightly contradict my last point...but ah well. In my opinion, yes

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Take the point on lots of other deserving reports, to be honest though there haven't been many new ones in the last 12 months (though I may have missed some) the big one for me prior to this was British celanese. It's all down to personal preference I suppose but I love to see places with all the kit still there, over a ruined place with history. Obviously preserved and historic wins but there aren't many of those left (though the steel industry may be offering if things don't change soon)

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
A lot of it is down to your perspective as you cant see what's in the non-public bit of the forum.

Rather than people nominating current stuff i would rather see people hunt through the archives and fish out and find the stuff that has been forgotten. That was more the point of this section. Lots of epic stuff has popped out of NP into the main forums in the last few years and been forgotten about.

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Silly question but how does one see in the non public part? Have wondered a few times!

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Well there's two things really

1. You need to have a reason to use it. (ie you post reports that need to go in there)

2. Your personally known to the rest of the community and we can vouch for you beign a genuine explorer (not being a pikey or other undesirable.)

Looking at your post history you probably haven't been given access as you haven't really posted many reports or met anyone in person. Its far from an elite club tho, im sure if you get some reports up you would be given access.

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers, thought that was prob the case. Need to get out and about more but running my own company seems to have taken over life somewhat!

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
It's my report, and I don't actually think it deserves to go in this section really, although thanks for the positive comments about it guys, it's massively appreciated. It's great industrial place for sure, but it's not really anything special and there have been a great many as good if not better places posted up over the years which are not even in this section. That's why it went straight onto the public forums and not into our non-public section.

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair enough. Can't say I've seen any machinery on the scale of that paper machine though lol!

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Anyone think of anything else worthy?

Remember we're looking for decent reports of either

- Epic places
- Famous places
- Legendary UE spots
- Exceptional effot put into documenting/reporting stuff

Round-up threads of people's projects over the years are more than welcome too. I still think theres room for stuff like Wiltshire Quarries, London Drains etc. Maybe you have just done alot of places of a certian genre you like? Or battered a certain area?

Got a few in the pipeline myself but would be good to get contribution from all corners of the community. Plus I'm sure there is plenty lurking in the archives.

Who has read this thread (Total: 501) View details