real time web analytics
Report - - nothumberland lead miner+related stuff in area | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - nothumberland lead miner+related stuff in area

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

H

Hot Potato

Went back with stewy1984 and G. We went to locate another mine i been told about, we found it and it's amazing. We also found some other sites related to mines. a chimney and a blacksmiths. I went a little futher in the lead mine me and sweatymorph went in last time. But on my own it wasn't much fun so both remain relatively unexplored. Right on with report.

Inside new mine, looked older than other one.

camerasettingsnaps056-1.jpg

Blocked off flu water raining in.

camerasettingsnaps057-1.jpg

Calcite covered large sections of the roof and walls making it look like a aliens set

camerasettingsnaps060.jpg

holes for candles all along mine wall.

camerasettingsnaps063.jpg

We found out the mine came out on the moors somewhere so we drove around a bit and found a chimney and tunnel leading from it. Large sections of tunnel are missing, probably used in the nearby town.

Chimney not sure if its a flu or a smelt.
camerasettingsnaps079.jpg

broken tunnel leading sraight to town.

camerasettingsnaps078.jpg

camerasettingsnaps076.jpg

As the mining in area was on a large scale other trades enjoyed the boom, blacksmiths were needed to shoe horses and someone had to make/maintain the miles of track that runs through the mine.

Large blacksmiths. had been last used as a farm.the farm house is empty to and i found it intresting.

camerasettingsnaps107.jpg

Anvil inside workshop.

camerasettingsnaps092.jpg

wooden trolley with wood wheels.

camerasettingsnaps114.jpg

Randoms.

camerasettingsnaps110.jpg

Boneshaker.
camerasettingsnaps115.jpg

camerasettingsnaps130.jpg

BMX, stunt frame, mx brakes, mushroom grips and suntour stem.

camerasettingsnaps124.jpg

:thumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details