real time web analytics
Report - - Nottingham College, Clarendon Campus – August 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nottingham College, Clarendon Campus – August 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Following on from the Clifton campus (see here), here is another large Nottingham College site, this time the Clarendon campus which dates to 1960 and housed performing arts, beauty, hairdressing, music and other such stuff. This site became surplus in late 2020 after the construction and opening of the new ‘City Hub’ campus elsewhere.

"Clarendon is one of Nottingham College's biggest campuses, featuring amazing facilities including sprung-floor dance studios, a live music venue, recording studios and two performance theatres. Clarendon is home to our music and performance students as well as Access to Nursing, childcare (early years), computing, hair and beauty and hospitality and catering."

The site has recently been acquired by the Department for Education and will be the location for a new 1,200 place secondary school which aims to be ready for September 2023.

A large building but inside is mostly modernised, empty rooms with various holes knocked in the plasterboard from where it looks as though someone has an ongoing metal mining project.

Main entrance

Hairdressing & beauty

Music & performing arts

Recording studio

A band rehearsal room with a small stage

Box office & 2 'theatres'

The first theatre used to have tiered seating in place - now all stripped out

The second had a more traditional 'school hall' feel with a stage - shonky pic but the lighting was disgusting

A dance studio. This apparently had a sprung floor but we didn't try it out

And finally kitchens, etc

A decent sized place for a wander, just a shame it's so empty & a bit characterless!

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I think I read they're flattening this and building from scratch, seems silly really as there's plenty of life left in it if it were properly secured and looked after!
Thats insane, but councils for you. Just love to waste money. Agree, looks like plenty of life left in this yet.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's pretty decent that mate. Bet it won't take long for all them mirrors to get smashed up

Ryanstables

28DL Member
28DL Member
Be careful going to this one, me and a few mates went to this one and had upto 25 Nottinghamshire police officers surrounding the place, we were later approached by police inside the building and there was also several dog handlers. Police were fine after showing what we do and after a quick search we were on our way again.
Thanks for the post tho great place to explore while it lasted

ButtrDog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Be careful going to this one, me and a few mates went to this one and had upto 25 Nottinghamshire police officers surrounding the place, we were later approached by police inside the building and there was also several dog handlers. Police were fine after showing what we do and after a quick search we were on our way again.
Yep! Decided to take a look while I was in town, it's currently an active construction site.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

25!!! isnt that like all the police in Nottinghamshire.

Who has read this thread (Total: 209) View details