real time web analytics
Report - - Nottingham College, Clifton Campus – June 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nottingham College, Clifton Campus – June 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
‘Housing association bosses have applied to start the planning process to transform a former Nottingham College site in Clifton.

Talks are under way between Nottingham Community Housing Association and the college over the sale of a 19-acre plot’

The Clifton site became surplus to requirements after a merger between Central College Nottingham and New College Nottingham to form Nottingham College in 2017.

This particular college campus - which was constructed in 1969 - housed the sports, art & design and uniformed services departments and the grounds are still used for football and a host of other sports training and such.

The current planning application for the site is as follows;

‘Proposed development for housing association headquarters together with purpose built residential accommodation for aged persons (approx 50 dwellings) and retention of sports facilities for community use at former Nottingham College Site.’

This is one I was harping on about having a go at for a while because I had got it into my head that it had a nice swimming pool, what with it being the colleges’ dedicated sports centre.

As it turns out it didn’t have a swimming pool. It didn’t really have much of anything. But it was only 20 mins from home so meh… More fun than sitting in front of the TV!

Visited with @Gsxrwayne

Front desk

Corridors and stairs

Various classrooms

Art & Design

Ceramics class

Plaster moulds for slip casting

Electric kiln

'Refectory'

Teachers' office

One of many miscellaneous sports rooms

Gym equipment left behind

And that was about it, ta for looking.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice & clean still. Looks like its had revamps since 1969. But what a waste of equipment. Being in a household full of gym nuts and musicians it boils my pee to see this kind of stuff just left. So many places could do with donations.

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice & clean still. Looks like its had revamps since 1969. But what a waste of equipment. Being in a household full of gym nuts and musicians it boils my pee to see this kind of stuff just left. So many places could do with donations.

Yeah I don't get it... Just leave 'em in a derelict building for kids to inevitably wreck :turd

theodixo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went recently and a good portion of one of the buildings has been burnt. Most of the stuff inside is still OK, building structure seems secure. At least there's an easy way in now. Other buildings are fine. Fire happened on 15th of April according to Nottingham post

theodixo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When did you visit? What’s security like?
Some cameras have been disconnected but I'd still be weary of them. Electric is probably turned off tho. Best to go in round the side through the football club

ButtrDog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went recently and a good portion of one of the buildings has been burnt. Most of the stuff inside is still OK, building structure seems secure. At least there's an easy way in now. Other buildings are fine. Fire happened on 15th of April according to Nottingham post
Visited this site a week ago, it's perfectly fine. I believe you may be mixing this school up with bramcote which did burn down.
Some cameras have been disconnected but I'd still be weary of them. Electric is probably turned off tho. Best to go in round the side through the football club
Electricity has been turned off since and had suffered a lot of vandalism, night and day difference between now and the post.

theodixo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited this site a week ago, it's perfectly fine. I believe you may be mixing this school up with bramcote which did burn down.

Electricity has been turned off since and had suffered a lot of vandalism, night and day difference between now and the post.

Nope it was the same one, I recognise it from the attached pictures, maybe the article is wrong but it was definitely burnt

Who has read this thread (Total: 258) View details