real time web analytics
Report - - Nottingham Guildhall, Fire & Police Station - April 2022 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nottingham Guildhall, Fire & Police Station - April 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ButtrDog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Completed in 1888, The Nottingham Guildhall served as a courthouse, and later fire and police station until 1996. During the second world war

this building was also retrofitted to be a air raid shelter and an emergency headquarters. It finally saw use as an office space by the Nottingham City Council before moving. Since 2010 the Guildhall sat unused / abandoned with plans to convert it into a Hotel. A lot of job hopping for one building!

Sat next to this building is Nottingham Trent University in which I have attended. Until now I have never paid much attention to the building until I stumbled upon reports of it. The building is largely fenced off with mobile CCTV towers, and occasionally the cars parked within. So bear that in mind should you wish to visit.

Quite mesmerised at how much there is considering I used to walk past this every day!

If you were to enter in the front doors, you'd be greeted by a large are with lush pillars and a panel with all of the Nottingham Mayors going back to 1835

Long staircase on both sides of the main hall

The stairwell on both sides of the main hall lead to this nicely decorated room, with a door that allows you to enter the elevated sitting area in the courtrooms.

Objection!
(Do they even say that? Please excuse my complete lack of how the courtroom works)

The aforementioned elevated sitting area

Awaiting trial

DSC_0119.JPG

Looking around the rest of the Guildhall section we find primarily empty offices with very tall ceilings and menacing doors.

Some very old HP LaserJet Pros and miscellaneous hardware

Three phase power

More printing hardware

The attic that lead to multiple exits, allowing you to see the outside and rest of the city

And finally here is a view of the roof from one of the standing areas

Human Resources

We move on to the other part of the buildings, there are two skybridges, one connecting the Guildhall to what seems like a standard office, and one to the police/fire station

These were standard mundane offices, only highlights are that we found a bunch of 3.5" Floppy disks scattered around on the floor

DSC_0156.JPG

Police Station Hallway

A few of these large and extremely echoey stair cases join the fire station together.

DSC_0166.JPG

After being spooked by loud beeps emitting from somewhere in the building we made our way to the basement and found a room filled with racks of probably telephony hardware? Reminds of big iron switches like a Cisco 6500 or Nexus 7k

DSC_0164.JPG

Rec time!

DSC_0185.JPG

More holding cells

Unfortunately I could not get more pictures as It was getting dark nor could I find the WW2 shelters. Overall it was quite a fun and we ended up spending a lot more time here than we had anticipated. Finally mustered some courage to post here after lurking for a long time, not a photography expert but I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did exploring it!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Good work its getting a bit of traffic now but not surprised how open it is. I am surprised they havent sealed it up a bit better

Who has read this thread (Total: 198) View details