Web
Analytics
Notts Newcomer | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Notts Newcomer

Mr. Smith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi,

I sort of introduced myself in another thread, not noticing this one! Put it down to my age which will be 70 come September. Really enjoy urban decay photos, but haven’t had much experience of taking them. Look forward to reading all your posts - and any tips regarding easy access sites (walk-ins?) in Nottingham and Notts or nearby would be really appreciated.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
There's bound to be loads of walk ins in Nottingham, just keep your eyes peeled. I once heard about a 68 year old Frenchman who dug out a backfilled half mile long tunnel to gain access to a Maginot fort... There's hope for us all.

Keef Urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi,

I sort of introduced myself in another thread, not noticing this one! Put it down to my age which will be 70 come September. Really enjoy urban decay photos, but haven’t had much experience of taking them. Look forward to reading all your posts - and any tips regarding easy access sites (walk-ins?) in Nottingham and Notts or nearby would be really appreciated.
Hey @Mr. Smith
Chase Farm off Mapperley Plains is a great walk-in / starter site. Nice farm buildings with a level of decay. I've seen them mentioned on OS Maps from the mid-19th century too.
Might need to be quick though, the Gedling Access Road might be plowing straight through it soon.

Good luck.

Mr. Smith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers, Fonzii. You do what you can to grow old disgracefully. You have to get old... but you don’t have to grow up!

Keef Urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks! Guess where I live - Mapperley! I will look into it.
It's down at the end of the unadopted road, off Plains Road. There's a chain across the entrance, but it's easy to step over. Have fun, be careful if you're going to the 1st floor, the ceiling in some parts is rotten.