real time web analytics
Report - - Nowotko's Mechanical Works - Poland, May 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nowotko's Mechanical Works - Poland, May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adi_Cherryson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello,
you seemed to like my first report, so be prepared for round number two!

This time I'd like to present you abandoned Nowotko's Mechanical Works, which is situated in Warsaw.

(Marceli Nowotko was a prominent Polish communist. Never mind.)

The factory was founded in 1951 as one of results of the Six-Year Plan (1950-55), centralized plan conducted by the communist government intending to start rapid industrialization of Poland.

The main goal of the factory was to produce diesel engines for cars, trucks and tanks. Distinctive example was W-2-34, basic engine for Soviet T-34/85 tank, produced here between 1951 and 1955. In late 50's T-34 tank became a bit outdated so Nowotko's factory turned to produce W-54 engine, designed to T-54 tank (under Soviet license as well), produced here in the years 1957-64. Also S-560, engine designed for Polish truck Żubr A80, had been produced here in the years 1959-67. Probably the last distinctive tank engine produced here was W-46.6, designed to Soviet T-72 tank.

Another purpose of the factory was to prepare monuments and memorials. Many monuments created in this factory could be seen in the streets of Polish cities till today. Few notable examples: Kościuszko Infantry Division Memorial, Monument of the Deed of Poles, Little Insurgent Statue, Memorial 'Glory to the Sappers'.

Economics transformation of the year 1989 became the end of this prosperous factory. The management didn't manage to find itself within new economical reality and in 2009, after few unsuccessful attempts of restructuring, Nowotko's factory was eventually closed. Until end of this year probably it will be demolished.

I posted all the photos HERE

Some preview:

455.jpg

456.jpg

457.jpg

458.jpg

459.jpg

461.jpg

462.jpg

465.jpg

466.jpg

469.jpg