real time web analytics
Report - - O.B. 9, Wales,Jan 2015 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - O.B. 9, Wales,Jan 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

captainweird

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for this, my late Father-in-Law was a stalwart of the Hertfordshire Home Guard (previously known as the Local Defence Volunteers or LDV (or Look, Duck and Vanish to the locals :)) He had a fund of tales involving hollow trees, fake fenceposts and all sorts.

Phil

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Really interesting report thanks for the posting :thumb loving the rat explosive diagram!

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Excellent report Huey.

Not sure if you are aware of a report on here from a couple of years back that I think is the same type of bunker... OT visited. It's in Wilton (Wiltshire), link here

huey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey mate,how's things? They are different- this is a small observation bunker,the other is aux unit,standard design with escape tunnel,still nice and rare though.
Have to catch up soon,I owe you one...

huey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all the kind words guys,prob the most replies I've had on a report yet.so ta.

The_Mole

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brilliant, nice report and well researched! I noticed a lot of info from Coleshill website. Absolutely fascinating place.
I should point out though that SOE (Special Operations Executive) is not the same as Aux Units or AU Special Duties. A lot of the AU SDB was run by Royal Signals and ATS with a civilian spy networks and the AU was solely Civilians / Home Guard, both operating solely in the UK in the event of invasion. SOE where the spy networks that where dropped into enemy occupied europe. The likes of Eddie Chapman, Noor Inyat Khan and other notorious spies. They also did a lot of wort supporting and supplying the resistance. Part of SIS (Special Intelligence Service) now knwn as MI5.