real time web analytics
Report - - Oak Mill - Stalybridge - June 2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oak Mill - Stalybridge - June 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Oak Mill - Stalybridge / Millbrook - June 2010

Oak mill is a grade II listed building sitting in the heart of the small Millbrook Village, which sits within the town of stalybridge. I suspect most of the site has been demolished or has collapsed. If you love absolute dereliction and decay, it's one to see but to be honest not particularly challenging or exciting.

However, in the good name of visit all north west mills, it's one for the books. I've never noticed this place before, but I seen it crop up recently so headed out to check it out.

I have no history on this place whatsoever and to be frank, its a mess. Local's have been in drinking and some small graffiti, the place presents it's own dangers fairly obviously, and is pretty much wide open to abuse.

An interesting and 'dark' explore to say the least.

A Few Externals

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg
DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

This next part was tiled inside, and looking at it's location in relation to the chimney above, could have been the engine house, as there were several pipes stemming from it, unfortunately I was unable to capture any of the tiling.

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

The floors were bare.

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0660.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

My only favourite feature was this 'Stove' in the ground / basement level.

DSC_0657.jpg

This shooted up to the top floor terminating here...

DSC_0674.jpg

A lovely evening sunset...

DSC_0679.jpg

And some guy, just exploring your mills.

DSC_0686.jpg

To be honest, thats it really, there's not much to see but it's worth a wonder if you are local.

Cheers :thumb

HS