Web
Analytics
Report - - Oakamoor Railway Sidings, March 2013 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oakamoor Railway Sidings, March 2013



AuntieKnickers

inquisitive historian
Regular User
#1

Visited with The Stig and 3 other explorers.

The sidings at Oakamoor are a relatively recent addition to the line’s history, and were first used as a siding to the quarry nearby. The sidings are currently used for storage as part of the Churnet Valley preserved Railway. When the line was first opened in 1849 there were no sidings at Oakamoor. The line originally ran between North Rode and Uttoxeter, primarily for heavy freight in and around the numerous limestone quarries and copper works dotted around the area.

Last time we visited Oakamoor it was October 2011 (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/other-sites/65506-oakamoor-sidings-october-2011-a.html) and we couldn't believe how much it had changed. Some of the track has been ripped up, theres less carriages to what there was, a smell of gas in places and trees have been taken down and burnt.

DPP_0014_zps3d90179b.jpg


DPP_0004_zps2ff67868.jpg


DPP_0029_zpsc487316a.jpg


DPP_0028_zps5423946e.jpg


DPP_0005_zps9324004b.jpg
DPP_0002_zps38043a32.jpg


DPP_0021_zps37517292.jpg



Thanks for looking :thumb
 

Attachments

Similar threads