real time web analytics
Report - - Oakamoor Train Graveyard.......again..Nov 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oakamoor Train Graveyard.......again..Nov 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
There have been loads of reports on Oakamoor but it's new to me so i hope y'all don't mind another.

Visited all on my own :(
I got there later than i wanted and after finding the place i had roughly an hour of light left and knowing i only had a poxy torch i had to be pretty quick.

so .....

The North Staffordshire Railway Society was formed in the 1970s and bought the old goods yard at Cheddleton Station. Workshops were created there and the first locomotives arrived in 1977, although British Rail were still using the adjacent railway to move industrial sand from the quarry at Oakamoor. British Rail ceased using the line in 1988 and the society began to arrange for the purchase of the stretch from Oakamoor to Leekbrook Junction.

The first trains ran over the preserved line between Cheddleton and Leekbrook, a distance of roughly 1 mile (1.6 km), on 24 August 1996

1)

train26.jpg

2)

train26-13.jpg

3)

train26-6.jpg

4)

train26-18.jpg

5)

train30-11.jpg

6)

train26-9.jpg

7)

train26-8.jpg

8)

train26-14.jpg

9)

train26-16.jpg

10)

train26-15.jpg

At this pont it was getting dark, a tipper truck from the quarry dumped some wood in a skip and the driver set it alight, it put some nice light on one of the trains although the photo is a bit under exposed.

11)

train26-20.jpg

12)

train26-26.jpg

I decided to have a dit of a dick around with my light and some homemade filter/gels for a few mins before it got too dark, not great but here they are....

13)

train26-25.jpg

14)

train26-22.jpg

15)

train26-21.jpg

16)

train26-23.jpg

The light was at a point there where i thought i best get off as finding my way back through the woods was going to be a bit tricky with the shitty light i had, i was right it was not that easy getting back it was pitch black in the woods !

Someone tell me there is an easier way ? :D

I would love to go back and have a go at some proper light painting at night like some i have seen on here, "everyonefreezes" for example, thats the kind of shots i want to get, they look amazing.

So if anyone fancies a trip there or anywhere else similar at night who doesn't mind me tagging along let me know please :thumb

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Last edited: