Web
Analytics
Report - - Oaklands Park Manor House, Newdigate, Surrey, July 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Oaklands Park Manor House, Newdigate, Surrey, July 2017

Lost With Lou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:
I don't know a great deal about the history of this location. It was built in the 16th century and had extensions at some point in the 20th century.
I also heard that it was used as a surface ammo drop site during the second world war.
There are some old photos of the site here: http://nlhs.org.uk/index.php/oaklands-park/

The Explore:
I visited this place with @Seb penson. Both ways to access this site involve walking down private driveways which is not ideal, one driveway borders a garden where there was a BBQ going on so we avoided that and went for the less conspicuous option. After getting to the top of the driveway we hear "EXCUSE ME!" coming from the house behind us. We walked back down the drive to be met by a very charming lady. We told her that we are just photographers and that we would like to have a look at the manor house. She replied with "I don't think so. F**K OFF!" ... some manners would have been nice!
We swiftly moved on and tried to find another way around. After a few minutes of debating the best plan of action, we decided to crawl through the shrubbery... Success!
This was a pretty good explore, not much left behind but there's some nice architecture. Nature is really claiming this place as it's own which makes some parts of the house look quite surreal and makes for some good pictures. The third storey of the house is completely inaccessible which was a shame.
We also managed to get into some crawl space below the floorboards, nothing really under there but was worth having a quick look into what seemed to be a network of tunnels.

Anyway, please find my pictures and a video below:

36206571372_5d8992e51c_o.jpg

35539048564_26dec01239_o.jpg

35566557763_77b128b53b_o.jpg

36374937735_b064ff6efa_b.jpg

35566616093_0a2cbcc1b1_b.jpg

35539167574_840ba2335a_b.jpg

Attachments

RustyG

The world's most awkward urbexer...
28DL Full Member
Nice report! You got some lovely photos, much better than any of mine! We realised after we explored the place that it backs onto one of my mates yards. Sounds like you met the woman that owns it, she's a right old dragon....

Lost With Lou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report! You got some lovely photos, much better than any of mine! We realised after we explored the place that it backs onto one of my mates yards. Sounds like you met the woman that owns it, she's a right old dragon....
Thank you!
That's a shame about your mates yard haha, perhaps if you ever want to revisit you can use that?
But yes, she did come across a bit fiery; we didn't hang around long enough to find out for sure. There was no need for the rudeness, especially as we came back to talk to her when she called us and we spoke to her respectfully. It was a bit uncalled for but I guess that's just the way some people are at the end of the day.

RustyG

The world's most awkward urbexer...
28DL Full Member
The yards a no go mate, I think the woman that gobbed off at you is the one who runs it, my mate pays for yard space and still gets screamed at on the regular lol