Web
Analytics
Report - - Oaklegh lodge farm, Appleton Cheshire dec2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oaklegh lodge farm, Appleton Cheshire dec2020

Urbexplo21

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, this is my first post so sorry if it’s not the best I’m new to all this.

I had the privilege to explore this amazing property in Warrington, Cheshire in December 2020 around the Appleton area I was amazed to see how it had been down run over time.
History: the farm was built from scratch by a Mr&Mrs Madden in 1991. Mr Madden became an artist and did all his paintings at home and one day he set up an exhibition in one of the barns, however unfortunately on the night of his first exhibition. A fire broke out at the home, Mr madden tried his best to retrieve his wife through the flames and after getting her out despite Emergency response trying. She sadly passed away (2014). Mr madden sadly passed away in 2017 and since then their home as been left to rot.
It was amazing to see a lot of his artwork still there, we came across a cross in the garden which I think he may have planted there to remember his wife. In the house we found the house keys next to a picture of his wife along with a few letters and clothing.
It’s so sad to see the place left like this.

I know it’s a long read but thought I’d leave some history on the place.
Hope you enjoy! :)

Last edited:

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
No photos on this report, equally it needs a little work.

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

Any questions, just shout.

Urbexplo21

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No photos on this report, equally it needs a little work.

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

Any questions, just shout.
The photos should be available now

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice 1st report, some good shots there. Sad history. I know youve said Warrington, Cheshire and Dec 20 in the write up. Just needs that popped in the title to make it whole and formatted correctly :thumb welcome to 28DL

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice 1st report, some good shots there. Sad history. I know youve said Warrington, Cheshire and Dec 20 in the write up. Just needs that popped in the title to make it whole and formatted correctly :thumb welcome to 28DL
Thanks for correcting that. Many dont. Big welcome

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sad story behind this one, nice report thank you.