Web
Analytics
Report - - OAKLEGH LODGE FARM (THE ARTIST HOUSE) OCTOBER 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - OAKLEGH LODGE FARM (THE ARTIST HOUSE) OCTOBER 2020

Laurenlucy123

Banned
Banned
HISTORY

The abandoned artists house
Some backstory to this place, quite a sad story.
The owner of this property was a research physicist working for the Central Electricity Generating board and the National Nuclear Corporation for more than 31 years.

In 1991, when he was 58 he went back to his early love of painting, he since exhibited his art in a local gallery along with others throughout the country.

In 2015 he had decided to go do his first ever solo exhibition for his art, and on the night before there was a fire, himself and his wife were rushed to hospital, and sadly his wife aged 82 died. It’s safe to assume the cross set back from the house is for her.
He later passed in 2017, and the house has been left since.

THE EXPLORE

The house is now completely boarded up,but if you look close enough it’s still pretty easy to access. The gallery is completely open and still filled with paintings. It’s like a time capsule even though it’s only been abandoned for a few years. The house is filled of family photos and belongings. I tried to tidy the place up and display the art a lot better, the place is covered in mould and flooding. On our way out we were greeted by the police who asked us to make people aware that the owner (next of kin) is fed up of people trashing it and will take further action of people are caught etc. They were fine with us though as we were exiting the property.
It is sad to see that people have damaged the painting and stolen some by the looks of old posts. There were some good messages left by other explorers, telling people not to steal. Thought it was quite nice.

Gallery entrance

inside gallery

inside artist house

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice take on the place. Ive never seen the art room, kudo to you for trying to display it. Its great art work, shame its getting destroyed. Most only show the house, so nice to see a different take on the place. :thumb

There has been plenty of fuss over this place, even a relative I believe coming on here asking people to stay away. If I was a relative or even close friend I would have taken those paintings away for safe keeping.