real time web analytics
Report - - Octel Bromine - Anglesey (Jan 2017) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Octel Bromine - Anglesey (Jan 2017)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I thought this place looked good when Speed did a report early last year, then like most things at my age it slipped out of the memory bank until Funlesters recent report.

So myself and @host decided on a nice little post Xmas tourist trip to the seaside, It was miserable, thick fog, wet and freezing, Host had a fight with some brambles and lost but this gaff made up for it, nice spot with a bit of everything on offer.

Octel Bromine works ceased production in 2004 with the loss of 120 jobs, bringing to an end a history of chemical production in the area which started way back in 1760.
Essentially they extracted Bromine from seawater. The majority was then reacted with Eythelene to produced an 'anti knock' fuel additive used in leaded petrol.
More info here http://www.octelamlwch.co.uk/

ang10.jpg

ang9.jpg

ang11.jpg

ang25.jpg
ang26.jpg

ang19.jpg

ang6.jpg

ang16.jpg

ang14.jpg

ang32.jpg

ang18.jpg

ang12.jpg

ang34.jpg

ang8.jpg

ang3.jpg
ang20.jpg

ang7.jpg

ang23.jpg

ang22.jpg
ang29.jpg

ang24.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Beautifully shot as ever. Aye top location that is, must get over there at some point.

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
This seems a good place . Brill pictures . Hayle is a bit far for me , give this one a miss .
Good so see some down south most seem to be Manchester Liverpool and Birmingham

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking report as ever mate, you will be glad to know my knee is healing just fine now..what a noob.

Dave563

Some things are best left untouched!
28DL Full Member
Some cracking pictures there.. Looks like a decent mooch!

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Cracking report! I was on Anglesey at Christmas at the (now ex) gfs grandparents. This would make me have a trip up again tbh.

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
This seems a good place . Brill pictures . Hayle is a bit far for me , give this one a miss .
Good so see some down south most seem to be Manchester Liverpool and Birmingham

This is on Anglesey, pretty much as far out of the way as you can manage while still being in Wales... o_O

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Great report mate. Gutted I missed off that building nearest the caravan I'm guessing with the boardroom and the medical room. Belting pics too.