real time web analytics
Report - - Odeon Cinema, Harlow - July 2017 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Odeon Cinema, Harlow - July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Smiffyboi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seems quite a few other people around here have come to check this place out, so I figured I'd contribute my few photos and video from this place. We visited on more than one occasion, photos on one day, video on the other. We were in a rush the first time, hence the small amount of photos. Entrance was fairly easy, although as of today (7th August), the only way in has been boarded up with sheet metal, so as of now there's no way back inside, which sucks.

History:
Not to bore you with things you might have already heard, this place was opened in 1960, and lasted all the way until 2005, when it closed its doors because of declining customer numbers due to the rise of competition in the area. Formerly only one screen, the cinema was temporarily closed in the 80s to fit in 2 additional screens on the left and right hand side, resulting in 3 small screens instead of the large single-room layout.

Crappy picture of the outside taken on my phone:
ROYbbUsh.jpg

Projection Room, upper floor
o5l9Z8wh.jpg

Lobby (At this point we had no idea the place still had power, all the lights were off)
uCnJCQXh.jpg

pf0hcWah.jpg

Screen 1 - Excuse the blurry photo, I was anxious about this place and wanted to get out as quick as possible the first time, after hearing that the guy who owns this building isn't exactly the "nicest" person with the cleanest history. Mainly included this one to highlight the odd layout of the room, you can clearly make out how the other screens were installed on the left and right, resulting in this strange shaped screen room that was once just one large and open area.
DqGXsdDh.jpg

Screen 2
WMEg5Fsh.jpg

Lobby, after figuring out how to get the lights on
KYCghtvh.jpg

UU9vAwdh.jpg

Lastly, the video from the next day. A little less anxious about getting inside this time, but still constantly paranoid about hearing people inside, after running into some in here in the past. (You'll probably be able to tell that from the video)

S

Supersonic

One of my favs this one. There's something about it. Maybe it's the smell :D

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Seems quite a few other people around here have come to check this place out, so I figured I'd contribute my few photos and video from this place. We visited on more than one occasion, photos on one day, video on the other. We were in a rush the first time, hence the small amount of photos. Entrance was fairly easy, although as of today (7th August), the only way in has been boarded up with sheet metal, so as of now there's no way back inside, which sucks.

History:
Not to bore you with things you might have already heard, this place was opened in 1960, and lasted all the way until 2005, when it closed its doors because of declining customer numbers due to the rise of competition in the area. Formerly only one screen, the cinema was temporarily closed in the 80s to fit in 2 additional screens on the left and right hand side, resulting in 3 small screens instead of the large single-room layout.

Crappy picture of the outside taken on my phone:
ROYbbUsh.jpg

Projection Room, upper floor
o5l9Z8wh.jpg

Lobby (At this point we had no idea the place still had power, all the lights were off)
uCnJCQXh.jpg

pf0hcWah.jpg

Screen 1 - Excuse the blurry photo, I was anxious about this place and wanted to get out as quick as possible the first time, after hearing that the guy who owns this building isn't exactly the "nicest" person with the cleanest history. Mainly included this one to highlight the odd layout of the room, you can clearly make out how the other screens were installed on the left and right, resulting in this strange shaped screen room that was once just one large and open area.
DqGXsdDh.jpg

Screen 2
WMEg5Fsh.jpg

Lobby, after figuring out how to get the lights on
KYCghtvh.jpg

UU9vAwdh.jpg

Lastly, the video from the next day. A little less anxious about getting inside this time, but still constantly paranoid about hearing people inside, after running into some in here in the past. (You'll probably be able to tell that from the video)
Still looks the same as it did back in 2013