real time web analytics
Report - - Odeon Cinema North End Portsmouth | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Odeon Cinema North End Portsmouth

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jack179

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So me and a couple of friends went to this Cinema I used to go to as a kid, I found out it was abandoned a few weeks back. So we decided we'd check it out, we got there and we searched around the area for anyone or any security and there wasn't any so we carried on in. I had a slight idea where i was going from memories when I was younger. So we went to the bottom floor screen to find it was full of rubbish and other such items, so we carried on past up to the next floor where we found the main screen. And we looked around this area and carried on up to the projector room, in this room we found loads of old tapes and old records such as a couple of Beetles ones. We carried on down stairs to find the old generator rooms, but there wasn't too much down here, so we carried on to try and find the third screen. When we found the way too it we found out that it was flooded so we couldn't carry on. We went back up to the waiting sort of area to find a group of other people who's only interest was to start trouble and smash the place up so we left shortly after this to avoid any trouble. I'll attach some photos down below but sorry about the quality bc it was only on my iPhone 5 so it's not great.
Thankyou to any one who reads this and any advice on how to improve on what I've write or the photos would be greatly appreciated!!
Jack
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
godamn this is AWFUL!, your images are all out of focus bar one and are repeated multiple times...plus you dont have a date and year

FAQs are missing at the moment otherwise i would have linked you to them

my eyes :eek:

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
I'm struggling to find the words to express how bad this report is

ditto,
you must of taken excess of 4 photographs?

Get yourself decent lighting,
camera & tripod (doesnt have too be expensive).

Jack179

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Alright calm down taking digs at the new kid;) nah Ill agree this is really shit after reading others now lol. Will only improve, I've started another report but cannot find any history of the place?

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah the pictures are crap, but at least the guy got out there and did something. It's not all about taking what you think are the best photos, then whoring them all over the place for 'likes' and 'nice comments only'.

lincstunnelexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice try. how could one screen be flooded?

Get a samsung phone...my other half has the new S8+ and the cameras bloody amazing.

CraigEves

28DL Member
28DL Member
A bit late to the party, but to add my 2 pennyโ€™s worth.... when this cinema was built it was one screen with stalls down below and circle up top. It went through a few phases of modernisation and was firstly converted in to a 3 screen, and finally a 4 screen. Screen 1 was the former circle and screens 2 and 3 were the former stalls. Screen 4 was the last screen to be added and was built below ground level. Itโ€™s located towards the back of the cinema behind screens 2 and 3. Problems with flooding occurred even when the cinema was open. If you were ever to go behind the screens, you should have been able to spot the original decoration of the building from before the multiple screen conversion. A word of warning though - to the best of my knowledge, these areas were full of asbestos.