real time web analytics
Off to North Wales next week, after advice... | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Off to North Wales next week, after advice...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Webdes

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all,

We are off to North Wales next week, staying at Tanygrissiau. We are hoping to have a look round Maenofferen Slate Quarry and Llanberis Bomb Store amongst other places. Does anyone know if these 2 sites are still accessible? I have seen recent posts on them but wanted to check how easy or hard it is to get into these places.

We are going to Cwmorthin and Dinorwig mines for defo as they are near to where we are staying but wanted to try other places which unfortunately have appeared on YT.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi mate, I've visited Bomb Stores twice in the last two years and has always been doable, I still see it pop up quite often on here and I think Hughie D visited last month so I'd imagine that's fine. Never done the Slate Quarry but by looking at it on maps I'd imagine it should be doable, can't see why not. Enjoy your trip, I came back from North Wales last week and had a great time and ticked off some places.

saaben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto as the above posts. I did Wrysgan last month. From the cafe at Tanygrissiau walk up the track with Cwmorthen tips on your right. Cross the river at the trees on your left,
( a fenced off little bridge but just walk around the fence ) then take the miners track on your left up to Wrysgan Quarry ans mine. It took me about an hour to get to the top .
Amazing views across to Cwmorthen.

Webdes

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi mate, I've visited Bomb Stores twice in the last two years and has always been doable, I still see it pop up quite often on here and I think Hughie D visited last month so I'd imagine that's fine. Never done the Slate Quarry but by looking at it on maps I'd imagine it should be doable, can't see why not. Enjoy your trip, I came back from North Wales last week and had a great time and ticked off some places.
Cheers mate, will defo give the bomb stores a go if we can find parking nearby. Looked at the weather and its gonna be a wet one next week.

Webdes

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ditto as the above posts. I did Wrysgan last month. From the cafe at Tanygrissiau walk up the track with Cwmorthen tips on your right. Cross the river at the trees on your left,
( a fenced off little bridge but just walk around the fence ) then take the miners track on your left up to Wrysgan Quarry ans mine. It took me about an hour to get to the top .
Amazing views across to Cwmorthen.
Thanks. We were looking at visiting that mine, sketchy bridge if its the one I'm thinking of but will add to the fun! We just found the quarry at Trefor so might give that a go too, see how close we can park to it!

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bomb store very doable last month. As people have said, Maenoffren is always open for business.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cheers mate, will defo give the bomb stores a go if we can find parking nearby. Looked at the weather and its gonna be a wet one next week.
No worries, I parked on the road marked red (free), but some people park nearer to the entrance. I actually viisted on what was probably the wettest day of the year a couple years back, but wasn't too slippery and had no issues.

1683653147909.jpg

Webdes

28DL Member
28DL Member
No worries, I parked on the road marked red (free), but some people park nearer to the entrance. I actually viisted on what was probably the wettest day of the year a couple years back, but wasn't too slippery and had no issues.

1683653147909.png
Thanks for the picture. Really helpful matey! Gonna visit the bombstore then off to the megamine above Dinorwig, might try a tunnel or two.