real time web analytics
Question - - Offices above Pentagon Shopping Centre, Chatham, Kent | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Offices above Pentagon Shopping Centre, Chatham, Kent

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bedtimeburrito

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All,

I am looking to explore areas in Kent and Medway, and I've got a question regarding an area near where I live (so how I don't know the answer is beyond me...)

There is a shopping centre called 'The Pentagon', that has some offices towering above it. I've never really seen any access point to the offices, and know of no one who works in them or knows about them. I just wondered if anyone has previously accessed them, or would want to check the area out for potential entrances.
I'm 80% sure they're no longer in use.

1148177_3b4c7aee.jpg

I believe they are called 'Mountbatten House'
Get in touch if you're interested in scouting the location and possibly accessing. Hopefully there will not be a forced entry required, I reckon it would be awesome to check out if it's not in use.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Oh Mountbatton house, that concrete monstrosity in Chatham has indeed stood empty or only partly occupied for most of it's life, however it is effectively 'still in use' and is maintained. 'Awesome' is definitely not a word I would use to describe it, it will be a standard generic 1970's office block with beige walls, suspended ceilings and suspect carpets it's only saving grace may be the roof, but probably not. Certainly not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Hopefully there will not be a forced entry required, I reckon it would be awesome to check out if it's not in use.

If you're even thinking of 'forcing access' then jog on.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"Hopefully there will not be a forced entry required"

May want to word that a bit differently mate, sounds to me like you would force entry if needed from that comment...

bedtimeburrito

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh Mountbatton house, that concrete monstrosity in Chatham has indeed stood empty or only partly occupied for most of it's life, however it is effectively 'still in use' and is maintained. 'Awesome' is definitely not a word I would use to describe it, it will be a standard generic 1970's office block with beige walls, suspended ceilings and suspect carpets it's only saving grace may be the roof, but probably not. Certainly not worth the hassle in my opinion.

If you're even thinking of 'forcing access' then jog on.

Hahaha, that's a great description - i think i'll pass on this one then!
And i'd never force access, it's totally uncool to do and bad urbex etiquette!