real time web analytics
Report - - Ogmore Camp Wales Aug 2013 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ogmore Camp Wales Aug 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Ogmore Centre at Ogmore-by-Sea, often referred to as the Ogmore School Camp, is situated on an 18.7-acre site on the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. It was built for the benefit of children from all over South Wales shortly before World War II as a residential education, sport, arts and outdoor activities centre for young people 8-24 years of age.
In the subsequent years up to 2006 some 8000/10000 children a year attended residential courses in a wide range of subjects from literacy, languages, mathematics, music, performing arts, sports and environmental studies. Of more importance it provided a sense of adventure by being the first time away from home for many yet in a safe secure facility. While in need of some upgrading the Camp has a large sprung floor gymnasium with indoor facilities for basketball, football, badminton, indoor cricket nets etc.
It has outdoor playing fields for both rugby and soccer, and an outdoor climbing frame. In addition it has a computer lab and a hall for performing arts together with classrooms and rehearsal facilities. All of this, together with the outstanding natural resources of the site, local beaches and heritage coast.
The management of the centre has changed several times since then. It is currently closed and its future is uncertain.

Strange place to walk around, i live 10 mins away and only heard about this place last week, it is completely empty as far as i can see, not much vandalism either

Some oldies

9648770310_e68db3a561.jpg

9648770436_a2008640c5.jpg

9645536409_a2ef0739e0.jpg

9645536507_1dc0b6af18.jpg

9648717690_87b4f222a0_c.jpg

9645502623_d1b528c61b_c.jpg

9645509961_2e6b141e3d_c.jpg

9648719824_601658cb26_c.jpg

9648721386_261320c976_c.jpg

9648722518_1266017f9b_c.jpg

9648723882_6f60a7c8fa_c.jpg

9648725120_f040b2720f_c.jpg

9645492419_3de9f685f0_c.jpg

9645485143_ebc2ae1429_c.jpg

Last edited:

jon budd

28DL Member
28DL Member
Spent a lot of time there when I was in school, lots of good times and many good friends made. So sad to see it like this. Even sadder to know that's gone altogether now.

M cottle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spent a lot of time there when I was in school, lots of good times and many good friends made. So sad to see it like this. Even sadder to know that's gone altogether now.
Hi, any further information? I remember the school disco, camp weekend, cooked dinners and dorms.

M cottle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Demolished and a new housing estate in its place.
That's a shame. Was incredible , like going to school for a weekend with all your school mates. I still remember the smell of the 5 aside indoor pitch and rumours of the black nun

JacThomas

28DL Member
28DL Member
That's a shame. Was incredible , like going to school for a weekend with all your school mates. I still remember the smell of the 5 aside indoor pitch and rumours of the black nun
Hello , I live on the new estate where the camp was built , ive been trying to find out the history of what was on the land , because i am continuously bothered by a spirit in my home , connected to what was on the land before , so I am most interested in your comments, I do have a medium coming to my home

M cottle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello , I live on the new estate where the camp was built , ive been trying to find out the history of what was on the land , because i am continuously bothered by a spirit in my home , connected to what was on the land before , so I am most interested in your comments, I do have a medium coming to my home
The black nun (run, run!)

M cottle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No I wouldn’t say it was dark, just wasn’t to communicate
Can you see it, as in visually dark.
A 'logic' mind would point to mental illness but having seen things myself I would move out. Especially if it's what I think it is

solidedge

28DL Member
28DL Member
ok, where do I start. I spent a few weeks here when I was a kid. They use to have a dry ski slope. One night we snook out of our dorm and managed to find a car bonnet and used it to go down the slope. One evening we done the same and encountered a sheep on the slope as we were travelling at some speed. I am sorry to say that the sheep met his dimise. I am truly sorry for what happened.

M cottle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ok, where do I start. I spent a few weeks here when I was a kid. They use to have a dry ski slope. One night we snook out of our dorm and managed to find a car bonnet and used it to go down the slope. One evening we done the same and encountered a sheep on the slope as we were travelling at some speed. I am sorry to say that the sheep met his dimise. I am truly sorry for what happened.
Cool story. It was the first time I spent a night from home, bought ice creams down the shop. Was weird to live with primary school mates for some time. Last night was the disco, din ers were served on long tables and the gym /five aside hall smelled of sick

Who has read this thread (Total: 185) View details