real time web analytics
Old Borders College - Galashiels - 9th April 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Old Borders College - Galashiels - 9th April 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1_scoot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Old Borders College Galashiels

The explore
The College has been empty since the Borders College transferred all functions in April 2009 although from paperwork most moved late 2008 from this site at Melrose Road to the new campus at Netherdale.

History
The original house on this site is called Oaklea. It was converted into a school for Galashiels Academy in 1910 with extensions built over the years before the academy moved to a new school in the Gala House Policies in 1964. The site was used by Galashiels Technical College after the academy moved to the new school and then by Borders College from 1984.
Parts of Oaklea House can still be seen especially in the basement where the old wine cellar can be found with original doors dating back to 19th century when it was built.

no1_scoot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't be exploring mate, follow the government advice and stay the fuck home
Yes I would agree but this place is just along the road from me an too good an opportunity to pass up. Technically I'm still sticking to the social distancing rules :D

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Yes I would agree but this place is just along the road from me an too good an opportunity to pass up. Technically I'm still sticking to the social distancing rules :D

You may be sticking to social distancing rules, but the rules on what you can do is pretty simple. Exploring is not one of the forms of daily exercise in any loose form of what people are allowed to do. Apart from additional risk of cuts, broken bones, sprains and all the other simple injuries which could lead to a visit to A&E, waste the nurses and doctors time, potentially put them at risk from the virus as well as yourself. There's also the hassle if someone had seen you and phoned it in, you are then risking the police and security when both have better things to do.

If you did need rescuing then it would probably involve the fire brigade, police and the ambulance service for starters, at this moment in time all have better things to do than rescue someone who for whatever reason think they are better than the simple rules we have been asked to follow.

Not rocket science, think of other people for once as the abandoned buildings will still be there after all this is over :thumb

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Also videos are not allowed in the main section of the forum! (I think that's the most ban worthy of the lot)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
OP needs to take a look at what's happened to all of the people who've posted explores from this month.

Sigh.

:rolleyes::banghead

Status
Not open for further replies.