real time web analytics
Old fishing lake. | Photo Threads | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Old fishing lake.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pedro Pony

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Out on a walk last week when I came across this old fishing lake . I have tried to do some research on it but there is very little out there. From what I have read, the lake was very popular in the 90s and was wel stocked with tench, bream and roach but most popular, had some large carp of several varieties and even a few sturgeon. However in 2014 it was hit with a fish virus called KHV which is 100% fatal to all fish and they had to drain it. It is now re filled but long since unused. One thing that I did find whilst searching the net was that in 2016, the National Grid and South East Water conducted a study on the viability of re routing the surrounding rivers and flooding the whole valley. Not heard anything about it since but will keep on looking. These are some of the pics I took of the lake now and the old pump house and the final photo is a stock image of how it looked in it’s day. Not a great post I know but I’m nee to the scene and still looking for local places to explore. Thanks for reading.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Like the little pumphouse - somebody might be able to provide more information if you told us where it is.