real time web analytics
Report - - Old Middlesbrough Town Hall July 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Middlesbrough Town Hall July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

8719JRF

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been wanting to get inside this place for years but it's been sealed shut everytime I've tried. Another explorer managed to get in recently so I thought I'd give it a try and it was still open. Won't name them but thanks for the heads up!

A bit of history on this place first - the building was built in 1846 and is a grade II listed building, it has been empty and derelict since 1996. This was backed up by the paperwork showing Cleveland County Council which was abolished 1st April 1996 and split up between Middlesbrough council and Stockton Council.

The place was a wreck but was still cool to see inside finally. Strangely the clock was still working, tried to find the entrance to this side of the building but it seems the building is split completely into two parts as I couldn't get any further. Anyway I'll let you see the place for yourself.

1. Old Middlesbrough town hall (with the correct time on top)
20200707_094554.jpg

2. Rear entrance
20200707_094450.jpg

4. Hot wheelz
20200707_095846.jpg

5. Cleveland County Council - Abolished 1996
20200707_095932.jpg

6. This was a pool table once upon a time.
20200707_100025.jpg

There really wasn't much else to see unfortunately, the rest of the building is completely sealed off from the main building but it was still cool to see inside finally. There are talks going on to restore the building and I hope they happen as it's such a good building!

Attachments

• 20200707_094517.jpg
    20200707_094517.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice you finally found a way in. Its always nice to get in a place youve wanted for so long.

Posting the access point isnt a good idea, the owners may not know its open and owners do come on here, see how there property is being breached and seal it. So access shots are really a no no.

Good report, can you stick a mth/yr in title please too. :thumb

8719JRF

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice you finally found a way in. Its always nice to get in a place youve wanted for so long.

Posting the access point isnt a good idea, the owners may not know its open and owners do come on here, see how there property is being breached and seal it. So access shots are really a no no.

Good report, can you stick a mth/yr in title please too. :thumb
Ah my mistake with that Photo, added the month and year! Thanks

Who has read this thread (Total: 217) View details