real time web analytics
Report - - Old Mill Inn - Aberdeen - Sep 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Mill Inn - Aberdeen - Sep 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Top_Cat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For the past couple of years I've been meaning to visit the historic Old Mill Inn, a 200 year old coaching Inn that sits by the banks of the River Dee, but never got round to it until this week. Reading that it is set for demolition in the near future was enough for me to get my act together, grab the camera and climb into the car to pay the place a visit.
The Inn was forced to close due to flooding in January 2016, when the River Dee burst it's banks. The water began to rise at lunchtime on the first Wednesday of the New Year and a few hours later the place was inaccessible and never recovered https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...ll-inn-forced-to-close-after-flooding-damage/
The Old Mill Inn had re-opened less than 6 months earlier after having been closed for a year https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...deenshire-pub-reopens-doors-one-year-closure/ such a shame that this was destined not to succeed.
Took a ton of pics, but can only share a few here so this is my pic of the bunch........not too much left of the place internally, but still worth a visit......

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
What a shame for the owners. Flooding causes so much heart ache and loss in this country. Nice shots, they look like caravan bedrooms. Its looks nice from outside.

Top_Cat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks. Yes, there are a couple of caravans at the back of the hotel (staff accomodation I guess?) and the furniture shots were taken inside them. The hotel itself is just a shell now. All floorboards and plasterwork gone.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thanks. Yes, there are a couple of caravans at the back of the hotel (staff accomodation I guess?) and the furniture shots were taken inside them. The hotel itself is just a shell now. All floorboards and plasterwork gone.
Ah right, explains why they look like caravan rooms lol. nice report

maryculter0173625

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yes, I’m 100% sure that the caravans were for staff accommodation, along with the little chalet out the back aswell.

How were you able to access the building? Having visited it multiple times since its abandonment it has always seemed very well secured. Great pictures by the way.

Who has read this thread (Total: 173) View details