real time web analytics
Report - - Old Orphanage - Aberdeenshire | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Orphanage - Aberdeenshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A

Alir147

Right folks! As you can tell, my main explores are based mainly in Aberdeenshire. This one might not be as impressive as my Westwood manor find, but it's quite an important one for me, being my first proper boarded up place sort of explore when I was about 10. Before then, it had been old farmhouses (still my favourite) that we passed when hillwalking.

Anyways, this Orphanage opened in 1891 and since has been home to many children including Jessie Kesson, a famous North East author and has had visits from Princess Margaret in it's later years.

Basically.... closed about 11 years a go now = explore!!

The home coming in to view . . .

100_0473.jpg

rear view

100_4478.jpg

Looking through the entrance bit doors

100_0545.jpg

the entrance hall (all very dark by the way due to the boards)

100_0508.jpg

Don't let the excitement of this one overwhelm you too much...

100_0527.jpg

And the stairs to the loft.

100_0517.jpg

A

Alir147

Like most places - the orphanage becomes accessible only from time to time, and by chance, I found this to be the case yesterday. I had my camera but nothing else. No torches or anything, so these photos are the result of clicking aimlessly in total darkness. Hence why they're not brilliant.

Unfortunately, quite a bit more vandalism since my last visit.

100_0510.jpg

Looking up the staircase (notice the roof window - I found a hatch in the attic which can be opened. After crawling through I realised you can get in to the space between the window and the roof - like in the photo after!)

PROCTORS014.jpg

PROCTORS042.jpg

You can look down on to the staircase. Only thing is though - who else could look down on the staircase when you're there?! :eek: ...

PROCTORS043.jpg

The attic - everything from board games, clothes, lamps, photos and furniture to be found here...

PROCTORS047.jpg

PROCTORS018.jpg

PROCTORS065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: